Chapter 2

The busy streets around me faded as I saw my mother. She was beautiful. I ran closer to her. She smiled. Tears cascaded down my cheeks. I remembered when she told me that she would soon die.
......................................
A year earlier.....

Anome, I'll soon leave you alone in this world. I won't stay long.
.......................................

I couldn't believe her until she died. Dad left when I was four or five. I never bonded with him anyway. It's just that since he left, we couldn't afford many things. My mom didn't care that he had many wives and children all over the country. She just wanted us to be comfortable. That was until the incident. Which I was never told about.

I was within my mother's embrace. Her hands were so undescribable. I missed her so much.

"I love you."

Suddenly, as if something bad happened to her or as if she remembered something important, she let go of me and stared seriously into my eyes. She held my shoulders and gripped on them tightly.

Then, she said; "Accept Jesus as your new father."

I stepped back. When she mentioned father, I felt like I actually I needed a father.

She can't get me that easily. I can't just agree. I thought.

She looked disappointed and sad when I shook my head. She said it again and I folded my arms.

"Why?"

"He has all the answers and he loves you."

"If he loves me, why did you die? Why am I alone? Why is there no money? Why am I not brilliant? Why am I not beautiful?" She sniffed. "Why do I keep getting left out? Why? Where is the love? You will come and be saying love, love, love with just your mouth and no actions. Why? Why did he create me when he can't care for me?! I will be asking him questions, he won't answer. I'm sure, this is a dream and when I wake up, the same thing continues. Why? Why am I alive? Why am I here?" I ranted.

My mother's eyes were watering. Mine too.

She hugged me and told me again that Jesus has all the answers. Then......., I woke up. It was dark already.

"I'm back here again in this cruel world."
I rolled my eyes.
He should answer my questions then!

Then, I heard someone jump over my fence loudly.

Then the door burst open. There were armed men, a lot of them, at my door.

My eyes were as large as saucers.

Two of them held me up with their hefty hands. Some others went into my house searching for something. The last of them held guns at me.

I was taken outside, out of my house, to a car parked just outside my garden. I was thrown inside and something was tied around my eyes. A blindfold but not the party ones. This one was thick, itchy and of course a bit smelly.

I was afraid.

Before I could say "I love chocolate ice cream", they entered into the car. Others entered into the second car which I noticed was parked behind us.

I had thirty billion thoughts per millisecond. Literally! Though, it seemed like my lips were glued together. I had words to speak but I just couldn't. I had a scream but it was hidden deep inside of me. I couldn't scream.

They drove like criminals. Which they were. I mean, they bundled me away from my not-so-comfortable home into a speeding car which was heading to wherever it was heading to.

I gave a long sigh after some time of reckless driving.

It's not like someone even loved me. No one would come looking for me. So why bother screaming? And he said he loves me. He knows all things right? That means he knew I was going to be kidnapped. Right? Right! Accept fate.

Mother, it's like I'm joining you really soon.

I slept.............

✷✷

Hey guys 🥰
This chapter is dedicated to Edwinnaijae
PreshyO_
nyashamusodza
Most especially

@evuggh✨❤️❤️❤️❤️🤭

And to all my readers ❤️ muah!