Chapter 5

The next day...

It was dark out.
Exactly three am.

We had our baths and wore our uniforms (black berets, black leggings, black shirts, black gloves, black masks and black boots.) Then, we advanced to the hidden exit.

After trudging through the tunnel underground, we made our way to the earth surface again.

I wasn't happy about a certain attribute of this woman.

I just don't like her. What she did yesterday was awkward and I feel like we'd have to separate soon.

FLASH BACK

The day before........

"The Lord is amazing. Father thank you for everything....." She was preaching to me and praying at the same time.

What is wrong with this lady?!

At some point she began speaking in tongues as she called it. It felt awkward. I felt the atmosphere change. I was a bit annoyed.

Then, she started to prophecy and pray and prophecy and pray and prophecy and pray. I rolled my eyes at a point.

Then, she said something that caught my attention.

"Anome, the Lord is speaking to you. He said you should let the past go and open your heart for him to come in."

I didn't answer. I eyed her but again, her eyes were closed.

Let the past go? Impossible.

She continued her drama until she suddenly went silent after which she regained her composure and whispered "Thank you Father." continuously.

The door opened.

The doctor lady was holding a tray of food with both her hands.

Inexperienced chef.

"Where's the chef guy?"

"He's dead."

~Fast forward~

I finished eating. The other lady said she was fasting. The doctor lady took our plates away.

She shared her vision.

"The angels killed the chef because he wanted to poison us. We shall escape tomorrow at 3am. The devil is seeking control of you. Be careful. The Lord loves us."

END OF FLASHBACK

How did we know that there was a secret exit? She said that a bright light pointed it out to her.

We were on a plain road. We began tiptoeing and looking for anything familiar. She was praying again.

"Enough!!" I shouted.

I realized how loud my outburst was.

Then, we heard gruff voices from the tunnel.

I took to my heels. I then realized that the woman was right behind me.

So much for your confidence.

I heard heavy feet running toward us.

I looked back.

Dogs, men and women were chasing us. The other lady was praying.

"Lord save us. You promised to save us. Don't let the enemies capture us. Please Lord."

I looked forward and saw a wall that blocked the road.

What kind of a wall is built across a road?!

We stopped at the wall.

I tried to scale it but I couldn't. It was as if my hands were stiff. This was majorly because someone shouted "If you scale that wall, we'll bring you down!" Then a gunshot was made into the sky.

"What now?!" I asked the lady who was now praying in tongues.

She held her hand up to tell me to wait.

We're in danger and you are telling us to wait?!

"We will escape but, you just have to believe that Jesus will rescue us."

"I believe." I said sarcastically.

"This is not a joke."

"I can't make myself do it. He's not real."

"We have limited time here. Close your eyes and walk through the wall." She said. "Follow  me."

"Wait!" But, she didn't answer me or hear me.

She walked right through the wall. The dogs were just a foot away from me. I tried to walk through the wall but I couldn't.

I was crying. I felt like I was broken beyond cute.

The woman has escaped. She would have been safe by now.

They grabbed me forcefully at took me back to the building where I was originally. It was disguised as a house but different people were kidnapped and kept in separate rooms.

I wasn't taken to the room I was in before. I was taken to their shrine.

It was lit by many candles.

Some people were chanting I'm the background.

A tall man wearing a black robe made a loud clap which echoed in the room.

I was thrown on an alter after being bound with ropes.

The man carried something that looked like a big black apple and forced it into my mouth wholly.

I was choking and coughing and whining and crying but it was as if others derived strength from my cries.

The man also carried a bucket of water and dropped it right in front of me. He took a candle and lit it above my head. He circled it about my head.

Then another person was brought into the room. It was the woman who escaped.

She was bound and thrown beside me. The man dropped the candle and forced another big black apple into her mouth. She was still praying. In muffled sounds now.

How come she didn't escape?

A bucket of water was put in front of her. A candle was lit and used to circle her head.

Then, he came back to me. He dropped the candle he used to circle my head into the bucket of water in front of me. It went out immediately.

I fell into darkness. Not before I felt the whole bucket of water poured over me.

....................................