Chapter 7

"....You're not?" I blinked twice.

It wasn't something funny... but, I chuckled.

I closed my eyes.

She probably made a mistake. It could happen to anyone.

I felt sober for her. The man could have gone, died or abandoned her while she's here bearing the child.

Then, she adjusted her sitting position. She smiled and told me something that made me laugh my chest out.

"...But, I'm like Virgin Mary in the Bible."

"What?!" I screamed half laughing.

I knew the rules. Once you're pregnant, you're no longer a virgin but with an exception of the mother of Jesus who saw an angel and got pregnant as a virgin.

I laughed my heart out.

I fell from the couch to the floor in my laughter. My eyes tightly closed

Such a clown!

When my laughing subsided, I glanced at her. She had tears rolling down her cheeks. I suddenly felt guilty.

I made her cry? Oh my goodness, I made her cry!

My laughter died instantly.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean-"

She rose her hand to tell me to stop.

"It's okay." She attempted to rub her face dry with a nearby napkin but ended up ruining her light makeup.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Guilt and sadness clogging my throat.

Will anyone believe that she's a virgin?
She'll be mocked. No one would fall for that story. She'll probably die of shame. This must've been how the real Virgin Mary felt like. Since nothing like that had ever happened in history.

She sighed. More tears fell down her cheeks.

"I don't know how it happened." She said quietly.

"What about your parents? Do they know about this?"

"You don't want my parents to know. You know I told you I was twenty six. I'm actually seventeen."

"You told me twenty five actually." I folded my arms.

She was skinny but not as skinny as I was. She was average height for a teenager and had curly bouncy kinky hair which was kinda short. She has a flat nose and small feet but the most noticable thing about her was her eyes. She had very large white eyes. Her brown pupils were normal sized shiny.

She was beautiful. Although, her pregnancy made her look silly, she was still beautiful.

"I lied. I had to go to God and beg for forgiveness."

But, seventeen, with such cooking skills? Wanting me to live with her? Does she have the responsibility? Is she going to school? What does she do to earn a living? Is she prepared to have that baby? *scoff* virgin.

I couldn't believe her words.

"Are you going to school?"

"No. I dropped out in grade 10. I'm a babysitter now."

"Why not be a cook? Your cooking skills are amazing."

"I don't have the facilities."

"You can use your kitchen. And besides, who provides money for you? Is it the babysitting job or something else? "

"Well, there's this guy-"

"Hmmm... Suspicious somethings...."
Then, I clamped my mouth shut immediately realizing that I didn't think before speaking.