5.The truth

Shirabu:but....I'm a freak....and you can't be with me....

"I don't see you as a freak. You're very....unique and special to me, that's for certain. I don't know why I care for you as much as I do.....but I want you to understand something:

That there is nothing you can possibly do to make me turn my back on you. There is no distance too far, and you can never make me hate you. I've always wanted to care for you.....and I will never stop. That is my answer....no matter what."

Shirabu:as much as I love you....I can't be with you.....god and humans are forbiden to fall in love....

"Who made that rule? Because I refuse to recognize it. I won't accept it. God or not, I will choose to love who I choose. And no one can just tell me: "No, you can't be with that person!" I care for you and I refuse to let anyone, or anything take that away from me. If I have the choice then I choose to be with you...and I don't think it's up to anyone else to decide who I am allowed to or not allowed to love."

Shirabu:but I'm too old....

"So? I'm 18, and you're 16. So what? There's still just 2 years difference.....and I honestly don't see why that can't be made up for. You're not just a boy to me...you're a treasure. A blessing. So, why should it matter? I don't care if the rest of the world says you're too old, or too young, or too whatever. I want you...so why should I let anyone get in my way?"

Shirabu:semi...I'm not 16...I'm a god, I'm much olde

*Semi's face just drops when he hears this. He seemed genuinely hurt by this new information. His words also caught him by surprise.*

"Wait....how...old are you, actually....?"

Shirabu:1.678.248....

*Semi was stunned. He had no idea what to say in response. This wasn't at all what he expected to hear from Shirabu....he wasn't expecting such an extremely large number.......he was trying to think of something he could ask in order to clarify the situation.....*

".....um....why don't you look like it though?.....I mean how is it that you look so young.....while being so old......?"

Shirabu:I'm immortal....my body doesn't age...

"Oh.....*quiet for a few moments*......so this means...if the rest of us get....old...you'll still look like a teenager?"

*shirabu nods, still crying, it pains him that he can't be with semi bc of this, he truly loves him*

"......*Semi's heart breaks at seeing his beloved in so much pain....it pains him to the core that he can't be with Shirabu in that way. But there's not much he can say now. All he can do is comfort him.....*

"I know......it's painful to feel like you can't be with who you love.....I would give anything to change that for you.....but....."

*Semi falls silent. He's lost on what to say....*

*Semi's eyes tear up at seeing Shirabu so emotional over this...Shirabu was tearing his heart out in front of him, yet there was absolutely nothing that he could do to make it better....Shirabu deserved to be happy....he deserved to be with who he loved.....*

"Look......"

*Semi wipes the tears from his own eyes but then turns his attention back toward Shirabu once again. His tone of voice was still gentle, but he was speaking with a firmness that was almost a bit unnerving.*

*shirabu just hugs him thightly, still crying*

*Semi is really taken aback by this sudden physical intimacy by Shirabu. His eyes widen as he realizes just how much he has hurt him.  His entire body goes silent except for his breathing.....*

*He wraps his arm tightly around Shirabu's body, holding him tightly to himself. He leans his head on Shirabu's shoulder and starts rubbing circles between his shoulder blades with his thumb....in an attempt to calm him down.*

*Semi keeps comforting him this way, rubbing circles on the back of his neck and whispering to him with calming words:*

"I'm sorry......I really am......it hurts me too....how much I've hurt you......but I love you.....and I promise, no matter what, I won't stop loving you..."

Shirabu:I love you too....

*Semi's eyes widen with surprise when hearing Shirabu say that so casually and confidently...although he knew the love was there, he had no idea just how strong it was.*

"I....you don't even seem to mind the age difference...or that you are a god....or all the restrictions that come with that.....that's a little scary.....and just a little amazing....but still....I love you......"

*shirabu keeps hugging semi, in silence, as he slowly starts to calm down, still tearing up, not letting go of semi*

*Semi also keeps quiet in all of this, not wanting to disrupt or take his comfort away by any means. Instead he simply keeps his arms wrapped around his beloved's small body, holding him tight, and rubbing his thumb between his neck and back. He didn't want to let go of him, and it seemed as though he didn't plan to. This was a hug that would take a lot to break....*