Act 3 Scene 1

---

**Scene 1: Climactic Confrontation**

*At rise, CHARLOTTE and JAMES exchange a determined glance, their hands clasped together in solidarity.*

**CHARLOTTE:** (voice steady) We've come too far to let fear stand in our way, James. Whatever happens, we face it together.

**JAMES:** (nodding) Together, Charlotte. Always.

*Suddenly, the shadowy figure emerges from the darkness, its presence looming over them like a specter of uncertainty.*

**SHADOWY FIGURE:** (sinister) You cannot escape your fate, seekers of truth. The darkness within this lighthouse will consume you.

**CHARLOTTE:** (defiant) We're not afraid of you! We've faced our fears and conquered them together.

**JAMES:** (steeling himself) We're not alone, shadow. Our bond is stronger than any darkness you can conjure.

*As the confrontation escalates, Charlotte and James unleash the full extent of their powers, pushing back against the darkness with all their might. Their movements are synchronized, their connection palpable as they fight side by side.*

**CHARLOTTE:** (struggling) James, we have to keep going! We can't let it defeat us now!

**JAMES:** (gritting his teeth) We're almost there, Charlotte! Just a little longer!

*With a final surge of determination, Charlotte and James channel their combined powers, creating a blinding burst of light that engulfs the shadowy figure. With a triumphant cry, they emerge victorious, the darkness dissipating around them.*

**CHARLOTTE:** (breathless) We did it, James. We faced our fears and emerged stronger together.

**JAMES:** (smiling) We make a pretty good team, don't we?

*Their eyes meet in a moment of shared triumph, a silent acknowledgment of the bond that has grown between them.*

*Fade out.*

---