Act 4 Scene 3

---

**Act 4: Lighthouse Love**

**Scene 3: Confrontation**

*At rise, CHARLOTTE and JAMES stand their ground, facing Fredrick with steely determination.*

**CHARLOTTE:** (voice trembling) How could you betray us like this, Fredrick?

**FREDRICK:** (smirking) Betrayal is such a harsh word, my dear Charlotte. I prefer to think of it as... seizing an opportunity.

**JAMES:** (clenching fists) You manipulated us. You lied to us.

**FREDRICK:** (shrugging) All's fair in love and war, James. And this... this is both.

*Charlotte and James exchange a look of disbelief, struggling to come to terms with the magnitude of Fredrick's deception.*

**CHARLOTTE:** (voice breaking) We trusted you. We thought you were helping us.

**FREDRICK:** (mocking) Oh, I helped you, all right. I helped you stumble blindly into my trap.

**JAMES:** (stepping forward) What do you want from us, Fredrick?

**FREDRICK:** (smirking) Oh, nothing much. Just your cooperation... and the power of the lighthouse.

*Charlotte and James exchange a glance, realizing the gravity of the situation. Their quest for answers has led them into a dangerous game, with Fredrick pulling the strings.*

**CHARLOTTE:** (resolute) We won't let you have it, Fredrick. We'll stop you, whatever it takes.

**FREDRICK:** (chuckling) Oh, my dear Charlotte. You have no idea what you're up against.

*With a wave of his hand, Fredrick summons a wave of darkness, enveloping the chamber in shadow. Charlotte and James brace themselves for the confrontation that will determine the fate of the lighthouse and their own lives.*

*Fade out.*

---