4 - Co-Parenting

━━━

━━━

Author's Point of View

Namjoon hesitated at the doorstep, his heart pounding as he prepared to face Y/n after their painful divorce. Y/n opened the door, her eyes meeting Namjoon's for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

"Hi, Y/n i really miss Suvi can i see her?"

Y/n, with a soft nod, as she allowed him to enter. Suvi saw her dad and ran to him excitedly with a smile on her face as she hugged Namjoon tightly.

"Hey baby, Daddy missed you so much how've you been?"

Suvi looked at Namjoon, her eyes assessing the sincerity in his words. After a brief pause, a small smile played on her lips.

"I missed you too, Daddy"

Namjoon's heart warmed at Suvi's response, but he couldn't ignore the pain in Y/n's eyes.

"Y/n, i know i hurted you, and i can't change the past. But i want to be part of our daughter's life. we've agreed to co-parent her to make this easier."

"First of all don't call her "our daughter" she's my daughter, for Suvi's sake i agreed to do co-parenting with you but it doesn't mean everything is okay"

"I understand. Thank you for giving me a chance."

The room was filled with quietness, until Suvi grabbed both of their hands.

"Can we play a game together, Mommy and Daddy?"

Y/n and Namjoon exchanged a hesitant glance before nodding, realising that despite the scars of the past, Suvi's happiness was worth the effort to rebuild a new kind of connection.

After playing games with Suvi it was time for Namjoon to go home because Soo-jin has been calling him making his phone disturbed his bonding time with his daughter.

Namjoon stood at the door, looking at Suvi and Y/n. It was time to say goodbye.

"Bye, baby take care okay? Daddy loves you so much"

Suvi gave Namjoon a tight hug, holding onto him for a moment before letting go.

"Bye, Daddy come back soon."

Y/n, with a forced smile, nodded.

"Take care of yourself, Namjoon"

"You too lov- Y/n"

As Namjoon walked heading to his car, he couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness. He realized that when Y/n and Suvi moved out the house felt different without the laughter and chatter of his daughter, Y/n's loving smile that he would see everyday was gone.

"I miss them already." Namjoon whispered to himself.

He glanced back at the house and went inside his car driving away. Namjoon arrived as he walked in the door, Soo-jin greeted him with frustration.

"Namjoon, where have you been? You were supposed to hang out with me today!"

"I know babe, but i wanted to see Suvi and i wanted to have some quality time with her."

Soo-jin crosses her arms looking frustrated.

"Namjoon, we had plans! why were you hanging out with your daughter and ex-wife instead of me?"

"I'm sorry, baby i just wanted to see Suvi because i missed her"

"But what about me? i feel like you're always with them"

"I care about them, Soo-jin but it doesn't i don't care about you. I'll make it up to you."

"It's not fair! I want to be your priority too!" Soo-jin said as she walked upstairs looking mad.

━━━━━