Five Minutes

Another race season had come to a close. And what a hell of a season it had been.

Alan lay in bed, the bright morning light filtering in through the partially closed slatted blinds. Jeff was asleep next to him, his hand resting on Alan's chest. The warmth of his touch made Alan smile. He reached his own hand up and covered it gently.

He thought about everything that had happened that year. The highs and the lows. The races that had been won and lost. And all the events that had taken place that were completely unrelated to racing. It was still hard to believe that they'd made it out the other side.

But there was no use in thinking about what could have been. The fact was, Tony was out of their lives. Babe had ended the season as King of the Hallows, again. Charlie was alive. And most importantly, he had Jeff.

The young mechanic had begun to wake, his soft hair grazing Alan's chin as he rubbed his face on the pillow they shared.

"Good morning" Alan spoke softly, not wanting to disturb the peaceful silence that filled the room.

In response, Jeff's eyelids opened tentatively, not wanting to expose his sensitive pupils to the morning Sun.

"Hmm your chest is warm Phi"

Alan chuckled, "That's because you've been laying on it all night"

"Are you complaining?" returned Jeff

"Never". That was the only answer Alan could give.

Jeff smiled. He never imagined that he would ever have the chance to be happy. But every morning when he woke, he would find Alan next to him. The old Uncle would never get up first, even though he was often the first to wake out of the pair. He'd just lay in bed quietly, letting Jeff sleep for as long as he needed, waiting to greet him softy when he finally opened his eyes.

"I'll go make some coffee and breakfast. You can wash up." Alan instructed, placing a kiss on Jeff's forehead.

"Oh..Phi..can't we just stay here all day?" Jeff asked in a sleepy voice, his hand gripping Alan's rib cage.

Alan was tempted, very tempted. The fact was they'd had a lot of lazy mornings over the last week since the season's final race. Not only were they enjoying being free from the threat of Tony hanging over them, but they were also in the euphoric first stages of their new romance.

"Aww you know I'd love to Nu but I've got that meeting with Pete this morning. You know to discuss funding for next season."

Jeff's eyes were closed again, his face now snuggled against Alan's chest in a vain attempt to keep him in bed.

"Hmm...Why are you talking about next season already? This one's only just ended" Jeff didn't understand the urgency of the matter.

"Ohh. Nu. You know the wheels need to keep turning. Another competitor could pop out of the woodwork at any moment. I need to make sure X Hunter is a front runner".

If he was being honest, Alan would love nothing more than to not have to go to any meetings or even think about the team for at least a month. But the industry was cut throat. He couldn't afford to drop the ball.

"Errr" Jeff clearly wasn't impressed. He loosened his grip on Alan's torso and turned over to face the other side of the bed.

Alan looked at the clock. He had an hour until he was meeting with Pete down town.

"Ohh Tirak. Please don't be mad" He'd wrapped his arm around Jeff's waist, placing tender kisses on his exposed shoulder. He slowly move his palm down Jeff's abdomen. He felt the sharp intake of his breath.

His kisses had spread to Jeff's muscular upper arm. He could see the kid trying desperately not to smile.

He spoke softly between kisses. "I think I can spare ten minutes"

Jeff turned suddenly to face Alan, their noses touching ever so slightly.

"Why waste ten minutes? You only usually need five right?" He looked directly into his older boyfriend's eyes as he spoke, a smirk tugging at his lips.

Alan rolled over calmly, reaching for his phone on the wooden night stand. He tapped at the screen before bringing it up to his left ear. Jeff wondered what on earth he was doing. Then he spoke.

"Hey Pete, its Alan. Can we change our meeting to this afternoon? Sorry, something's come up that needs my immediate attention. Great thanks Pete, see you then".

When the short call ended he quietly placed the phone back on the night stand, turning to face Jeff once more. " Say that again", his tone was clear.

"Say what again Phi?" Jeff was unsure about what was happening.

Alan inched closer to Jeff, taking hold of his wrists as he slowly climbed on top of him.

"Five minutes huh?" He paused as he brought his mouth down to whisper in Jeff's ear.

"I'll show you five minutes"

<><><>

Thanks for reading.

I hope someone enjoys :)

🎉 You've finished reading Pitbabe - Five Minutes Alan and Jeff One Shot cute fluff (poss series spoilers) 🎉