5

new bombshells

new bombshells

The next morning, Georgia Steele sat in the garden with Hannah, Arabella and Mitch having a debrief. "I had a chat with Callum last night after the game, and I do wish we had gotten to have a little kiss because I do feel like things are going in the right direction with him."

"Do you not think he's like focused on Mae?" Arabella asked. 

"To be honest I think she's just sunken her claws into him until some other guy comes along. She's playing a long game, and he's the easiest piece right now for her," Georgia shrugged as the other three looked at each other with wide eyes. The brunette kept chatting on about Callum, before the rest of the islanders came out into the garden to start the day. 

The girls who had been upstairs had spoken that morning about their own situations, including Molly and Toby and Georgia Harrison spoke about her possible ick with Anton. "He's such a good guy," Mae said to her. "But you can't force something if it's no there."

As the islanders all lounged around the garden and morning turned to afternoon, no one expected the door to open and Tom Clare and Sophie Piper to come walking in. "Now that is proper funny," Mae laughed to Molly as they stood up to say hello.

"What?" Molly whispered. 

"I worked for his team for a little bit between my season and now and he tried it on with me so hard," Mae whispered with a laugh. "Like he was even dming me this summer trying to meet up. I might need to hire a bodyguard."

"Well hello stranger," Tom said with a cheeky grin as he hugged Mae, the girl just patting his back.

"Hey mate," Mae smiled with no teeth, turning right around to walk to the firepit. 

"I cannot give this boy one inkling that I might consider him an option," Mae shook her head in the beach hut. "I have a feeling he would jump on it. And thats not even me being cocky."

"So whats everyone's situations?" Tom asked as they all sat down. 

Georgia Harrison did not let him get away with it, and brought up Tom's history with Georgia and Arabella. "Don't forget Mae," Molly laughed as the girls all looked around shocked. 

"He wishes," Mae scoffed as the girls laughed. 

"I do," Tom giggled. The group chatted for a bit more before the girls took Sophie in and Tom went over to the boys. 

"Aw Soph, it's so fun for you to be here," Mae smiled at the girl. "You've always got the laughs."

The girls spent some more time chatting, before a few of them left the garden to show Sophie around. By the time they got back to the garden, Tom had gotten his text asking him to choose three girls for dinner dates. He chose Molly for his starter, Mae for his main, and Steele for his desert. Sophie of course got her own choice of dates, bringing Chris, Toby and Josh on for her dates. 

With that, the girls headed in to get ready, especially for those on dates. They chatted as they got ready before the chefs had to head out into the kitchen and the rest of the islanders headed upstairs. Toby and Mae decided to pair up on their main courses, as Toby was hopeless but Mae was a decent cook.

They luckily had plenty of time to all gossip as they cooked and watched the first round of dates go on, before it was their turn. Mae and Toby plated up their pastas before heading over to the tables. "Here we are," Mae said as she sat the two plates down, before taking her own seat. 

"You know, I was hoping you'd be here," Tom said with a smile. 

"Were you?" she asked as she sipped her champagne. 

"Yeah," he grinned. "I think I made it clear I fancied ya, but you weren't really giving me anything."

"Honestly I think when you was at Maccs and I was, I always kept a firm boundary between myself and the players," Mae shrugged. "Like I could be friends but I was not going to do anything to jeopardize my job. And then the fact you started sliding in my DMs as soon as you and Sammie broke up was just a little bit icky."

"I understand that," Tom said. "But like I do fancy ya. And I wish you would give me a chance."

"I'm not saying I wouldn't be ok chatting," Mae said with a shrug. "Like I am here to find a partner, and while Callum and I are doing really well, we've only been at this for a few days."

"I do think you're a wonderful girl, and I would just like to get to know you," Tom said as the Producers began to usher their date along to end. 

"We can chat more, of course," Mae smiled as she stood up and picked up their plates. 

As the final dates went on, the four other islanders were kept downstairs as they finished up. Mae and Molly were snacking on strawberries when the two of them gasped simultaneously as they watched Georgie Steel get up and take a seat on Tom's knee. 

"No that's funny," Mae laughed. "Shameless the both of them!"

"She's been waxing poetic about how Callum is pretty much her dream guy and then she does this while he's watching," Molly shook her head. "Imagine if he was super into her and had to see that."

"I'd be so sad for him," Mae shook her head as she turned back to her strawberries. Once they all came back to the kitchen, they let the other islanders join them in the garden. Callum beelined for Mae, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"Missed your face," Mae looked up with a grin. She offered him a strawberry and fed it directly to him, ignoring the feeling of Tom and Georgia Steele staring at the two of them. Callum eventually whispered in Mae's ear asking to pull her, and the two walked over to a set of couches. 

"How was your date then?" he asked as he angled in to look at her. 

"Well, he's tried to stick It on me on the outside to be honest," Mae said, not wanting to beat around the bush. "And I wasn't there for it. I did tell him I'd be happy to speak with him in here. But like I've told you, it's really hard for me this whole idea of trying things out with multiple people. So for me, if there was a romantic spark there, I would shut things off immediately. But I think it's clear to me he's got something going on with Steele already."

"Yeah that was quite interesting," Callum said. "But yeah, I know you'll chat to him. I've obviously had a few chats with G so it's not fair for me to expect you not to."

"I'm just being polite babe," Mae shrugged. "You and I are still getting to know each other, but really you're the only boy in here I could see myself with on the outside. Not any of the others. And I don't think Terrace Tom is going to change that."

As the two of them were sat together, it seemed that Mitch and Anton got into it. As the girls went to the dressing room, it turned out that the issue was because Anton had been very truthful about the way he felt about Mitch to Lib. 

"Good on him," Mae nodded as Kaz told her about the situation. "Is he wrong? I don't think so." 

Lib didn't respond as she sighed in her chair, the girls finishing getting ready to head to bed for the night.