✧ Family - Kafka x reader ✧

Most people would think that living with a wanted criminal would be somewhat stressful.

Yet, as you rested your head against Kafka's chest with your arms wrapped around her waist, both of you watching the early morning sunrise stream through the open windows... You felt as if you had never been more at peace.

That was, until, she broke the comfortable silence with a yawn and began to talk.

"I'm going shopping with Bladie and Wolfie later, wanna come with?"

You suppressed a groan and lifted your chin, resting it on Kafka's chest with a blank expression. For a while now, you'd been avoiding going out with the stellaron hunters as a group; and as much as you tried to hide it, you were sure that your girlfriend could already tell why.

They were almost like a family: Kafka, the hot mom, Blade, the awkward uncle, Silver Wolf, the adopted kid... You simply felt as if it were impossible to compete with the bond they had. It's not as if the other two stellaron hunters made the job easy for you... Silver Wolf never failed to slide a few sassy remarks your way whenever she was around you, and Blade was downright antisocial. How were you supposed to NOT feel uncomfortable around such an eccentric bunch?

"I don't feel like going out today, sorry babe." You mumbled into Kafka's soft chest, rolling onto your cheek so that you didn't have to look her in the eyes while you lied. Not to your surprise, she saw right through your facade and gripped your chin with her forefinger and thumb, gently lifting it so that you couldn't escape her scrutinising gaze.

"Tell me the truth." She said firmly, her brow furrowed. "Those two are the only family I have; do you not wish to spend time with your girlfriend's family?"

"U-um, I-"

To your surprise, Kafka smirked and released her hold on your chin to replace it with an affectionate cupping of your cheek. "I'm just messing with you baby, you don't have to come if you don't want to." She smiled and leaned forward to place a quick peck on your forehead. "Although, it would be useful to me if you could be honest about why you don't want to come out... Babysitting those two alone is a gruelling job, and I'd appreciate some help from time to time~"

You giggled and squeezed her waist, making her wiggle around beneath you as you tickled her. Laughing, your E/C eyes met her soft, violet ones.

"Don't act as if those two are MY responsibility aswell, I never signed up for two adult babies." You scoffed teasingly, making Kafka poke you in the side in response. Smiling, you sighed deeply and melted back into her embrace, suddenly feeling tired after all that talking so early in the morning. You leaned over to grab your phone; the time was 6:15am. Stretching a little, you prepared to extricate yourself from your girlfriend's arms.

"Mkay babe, I'm gonna go make some breakfa-"

"Wait a minute." Kafka took hold of your wrist before you could stand up, and you slowly sat back down next to wear she was laying. You cocked your head to the side questioningly, and Kafka sighed.

She blinked, and when she opened her eyes, they were mesmerising. You always did love her eyes... But now something was different. They were like the eyes of a doe, and she bat her eyelashes dramatically... Suddenly you snapped out of your trance and came back to reality, only to realise that she was looking at you with a very, very persuasive expression.

"Baby, why don't you want to come out with Wolfie, Bladie and I?"

You sighed and flushed a little, embarrassed at your trivial reasons. "You probably already know... Quit embarrassing me on purpose..."

Kafka smirked. "Aww, can't you just admit that you want me all to yourself~"

Sighing and rolling your eyes, you stood back up and headed into the kitchen to make some eggs. Behind you, Kafka chuckled.

"Wait for me babe, I'm starving."

708 words <3

Comment your favourite HSR character to support my work and give me ideas for which characters I should write about next!!