Opposites Attract / Wolffe

TW: none

summary: The Wolfpack are providing aid on the planet of Aleen after devastating earthquakes shake the planet, when Wolffe meets the most energetic, infuriating but attractive person he has ever met. 

(This is based off the episode Mercy Mission S4 E5 in clone wars)

Word count:1219

Wolffe POV

These are the worst missions. Honestly, why do we have to do it? There are so many battalions but we have to do this, did nobody hear that there is a war going on, like seriously- 

"Touchdown in five!" I could hear the new pilot say over the comm system. Great.

Stepping out that transport put me straight into work mode, the quicker this is done the faster I can get out of here. Sinker, Boost, Comet and I walk towards the Aleena people, and I took off my helmet. 

"Hiro ra mak tik, shi faa mi Machucho su top pik gee poshi-ne, teep?" An Aleena said.

"Okay, who packed the Translator droid?" I said looking around when I hear a call. We all turned around to see a medic jogging towards us. She had (h/l), (h/c) hair tied up and was wearing cargo pants, a loose fitting t-shirt with the republic logo on the front and a large worn-out satchel with a Red Cross sticker sewn onto it. 

"Here!" she said running towards us.

"That's the translator droid?" Comet said to Boost, receiving an elbow shove in return.

"Sorry, I'm late." She said. She had beautiful (e/c) that looked right into your soul in a breathtaking way. Her hair, Her eyes, she was beautiful. 

"Who are you?" I said, rather coldly after all this is a mission, no matter how gorgeous the help is. 

"Oh, my bad," she said laughing. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), I speak Aleen and I'm a medic here to help. 

"I'm Commander Wolffe, this is Comet, Boost and Sinker." I said, the boys saying hey and (Y/N) responding with 'Hey' and a wave. When the Aleena started speaking again.

It was all gibberish to me, but she crouched down to their level and nodded and responded in their language. The happiness on their faces from being understood, almost made me smile but there is a mission. Remember the quicker we can get this done the faster I can leave. 

"You get all that?" I said when the chanting began again. 

"Yes, you have the honour to meet King Machucho, they are 'Welcoming us to their disaster' in simple terms" She said smiling at me, when they started to talk again. 

"They say that you will settle the ground and they will know peace once more. Good luck with that." She said laughing a bit, making heat rise to my cheeks slightly. "They say that they are very grateful for your help aswell and also what's for dinner?"

When all of a sudden the ground started shaking again. I looked to Y/N who was looking at the Aleena, and not watching her footing. Before I realised what I was doing I grabbed her hand to steady her but she didn't seem to notice.

'Commander, we are experiencing some settling from the original event. It's to be expected'

"An Aftershock everyone!" I called out, soon the ground settled. The Aleena were chanting again. I sent the Boost, Sinker and Comet to mark unsafe areas and the Aleena followed to show them the communications. This just left Y/N and I.

"You know you can let go of my hand now, Commander?" Y/N said to me breaking me from my thoughts causing me to look away from her.

"Uh- I should go check on the- uh offloading! Yeah, you know very important." I said making a quick exit. 

A few hours later.. 

The mission is almost over. That is a relief. I was walking to try and find Boost and get a report and see if the mission is moving in the right direction. I stopped looking for him when my eyes drifted to the medical station. To her. 

She was tending to some of the Aleena, smiling and speaking to them and laughing. I didn't know I was staring until she looked at me with a small smile. Causing me to look away, but when I looked back she was looking down laughing and smiling. I turned around and walked away.

"Hey, Wolffe." I heard behind me, it was her.

"How can I help?" I said to her slightly annoyed from my awkwardness.

"Jeez, remind me next time not to piss you off, or in this case catch you staring." she said as we walked.

"I wasn't staring." I said not even looking at her as I continued to walk forward.

"Yes you were! I saw you." She said walking around to stand in front of me, arms crossed a smirk on her face.

"I wasn't," I said rolling my eyes and looking down at her.

"You were," She said taking a step forward.

"I wasn't," I said taking a step forward, coming face to face with her, this is the last thing I need.

"You were." She said looking straight into my eyes. They were so beautiful and unique.

"Fine, maybe I was but it's my job to over see things." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Anyways, even if you were doing your job, I don't mind it was sweet." She said turning away and walking away.

"Glad you understan- wha- hey wait!" I said back to her following her. Finally catching up to her. 

"There is something about you  Y/N L/N, that I can't quite put my finger on." I said, walking towards her, our faces very close. "I don't know if its your humor, or your infuriating personality but it makes me want to know everything about you"

"Where do you want to start?" she said looking at my lips.

"Here." I said gently cupping her face and kissing her. It was euphoric. Her arms wrapped around my neck pulling in closer to the kiss and my hands went on her waist. The kiss was passionate, only taking breaks for air. It was the best feeling until my comm went off.

"Yes," I said annoyed.

"Sir, we have been sent orders for a new mission, another squad is taking our position."

" I guess we better go," she said looking sad.

"Yeah." I said looked at her.

We walked back in a comfortable silence, hand in hand. All I could think of was her, would this be the last time I see her. I see the squads all packed up. Its now or never.

"Y/N, Will I ever see you again?" I said pulling her away from anyones sight.

"I will make sure of it." She said, taking off her necklace. "Here now i'll have to see you again to get that back" putting her hand on my chest plate then pulling me in for another kiss, this time it was a goodbye kiss.

I watched the new squad take over stations. I was stood next to the gunship looking at her converse with the new squad. 

"Come on Commander we have to go." I heard behind me, boarding the gunship.

I watched as she looked up at the gunship her figure getting further away each second. My heart hurt and longed for her. I reached for the necklace in my pocket feeling the small chain and the little charm hanging on it. A piece of her will be with me.

I guess Aid missions aren't the worst after all.