Seven

I had made plans to meet Bash and Tobias at the circle, a quiet and secluded spot surrounded by a canopy of ancient trees. Our goal was to discuss the strange events that had occurred with our powers. However, since last night, no one had spoken of it, and everyone seemed to be avoiding us, giving the three of us a wide berth.

As I made my way towards the circle, I could feel the magic humming under my skin, growing stronger with each step. When I arrived, I found Bash and Tobias waiting for me, their faces etched with concern. The hushed whispers of magic floated all around us, as if the trees themselves were alive with power.

Despite the eerie atmosphere, I felt a sense of peace and safety within the circle. It was as if the ancient magic was protecting us from the outside world, shielding us from any harm that might come our way.

"We must tread carefully," Tobias warned, his voice carrying the weight of experience. "This union of powers is uncharted territory. We don't know its full potential or the risks involved."

Bash, ever the voice of optimism, grinned. "Come on, Tobias, where's your sense of adventure? Besides, Lyla's connection to these symbols is like a beacon. It might be the key to unlocking a magic we've never dreamt of."

Tobias stood at one point of the triangle. Bash occupied another. Reluctantly, I took my place and completed the trinity. I looked from one Guardian to the other, Both their eyes were fixed on me. I began to feel uneasy, and doubt started to cloud my mind. What if this is a mistake? What if something bad happens?

"Lyla, are you alright?" Tobias asks in a gentle tone. Just the sound of his voice has the doubt washing away. I smile up at him feeling better. "I never asked for this, but if it can help us understand and protect magic, I'm willing to try."

Tobias nodded in agreement, his grey eyes reflecting a mix of caution and determination. "Let us begin. Focus your energies, synchronize your intentions, and let the magic flow."

As we closed our eyes, the ambient energy shifted, becoming charged with the weight of our intentions. I took a deep breath and reached into the reservoir of magic that ran through my veins.

As our powers intertwined The air crackled with a volatile tension, and the symbols on my wrists pulsed with each breath I took.

As the amalgamation of powers reached its zenith, an unforeseen surge reverberated through the circle. The ground trembled beneath my feet, and the air whipped around in a chaotic frenzy. I felt a surge of ancestral memories flood my mind, as Tobias and Bash grappled to maintain control over the unleashed energies.

"This is too much!" Tobias shouted over the tumult, his features etched with pain.
Bash, his carefree demeanor replaced by urgency, struggled to rein in the elemental chaos. "We've got to stabilize it, or it'll consume us!"

I was caught in the maelstrom of combined powers and felt a surge of raw magic coursing through the circle. The lines between my own identity and the ancient forces became blurred, and the symbols on my wrists burned with an intensity that bordered on agony.

It seemed as if we had tapped into an ancient, boundless reservoir of magic.

However, the magic proved too potent to be contained by the symbols alone. With a blinding flash, the symbols split, fracturing into radiant shards that dispersed in all directions. Tobias and Bash, standing on either side of me, screamed out in pain as the shards embedded themselves into their own wrists.

Tobias clenched his jaw, the lines on his forehead deepening as the newfound power settled within him. Bash, usually quick with a quip, was momentarily silenced by the gravity of the situation. My eyes, wide with a mix of awe and fear, looked down at my wrists, now adorned with the remnants of the fractured symbols.

"What have we done?" Tobias murmured, his voice laden with both wonder and concern.

Bash, rubbing his wrist, offered a lopsided grin. "Well, we certainly shook things up, didn't we?"

"We've unlocked something... something powerful, but also unpredictable." my voice was but a whisper, still processing the overwhelming experience.

Tobias, usually reserved, met the gaze of his companions with a mixture of awe and understanding. "There's a bond here, deeper than any magic I've encountered. We're connected on a level that defies explanation."

Bash, rubbing his wrist where the magical shards had embedded, grinned in agreement. "Looks like we're in for quite the adventure. Who knew combining powers could feel so... personal?"

I felt a warmth spreading within my chest. "I can sense your magic, your essence. It's like we've become intertwined on a fundamental level.

My mind was a storm of emotions. It's like I can feel Tobias and Bash. I rub my chest vigorously. I could feel them.

"I've got a feeling we're about to discover things about ourselves and each other that we never imagined." Bash opened his arms, and I went to him willingly. It felt right to be wrapped up in all that is Bash.

"It's strange, but I feel like I've known you both forever." I smiled and held my free hand out for Tobias, who closed the space between us and interlocked our hands together.

I felt whole, complete.

Tobias nodded solemnly. "Magic has a way of weaving destinies together. We are bound by more than just shared power;

Bash, always injecting levity into serious moments, added with a wink," Will someone tell me if this magic makes me better looking."

I burst out laughing.