Chapter 4

Tama'irah's POV

As the days turned into weeks, and then into months, I watched Aurelia grow into her role with a sense of pride that was difficult to put into words. She was strong, brave, and intelligent, and she approached every challenge with a kind of fierce determination that left me in awe.

Aurelia spent hours in the library, pouring over texts and maps, and learning about our enemies. She trained with the castle's master-at-arms, her face set with concentration as she learned to wield a sword and shield. And she spent time with me, learning about our people's history, their traditions, and the magic that was now a part of her.

As I watched her, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. She was growing up too fast, taking on responsibilities that no twelve-year-old should have to bear. But such was the weight of prophecy. And I knew, despite my worries, that Aurelia was ready.

One evening, as the sun was setting and painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, I found Aurelia standing in the castle gardens, her eyes fixed on the horizon. I walked over to her, my heart heavy with a sense of foreboding.

"Aurelia," I began, my voice soft. "There is something I need to tell you."

She turned to look at me, her blue eyes filled with a wisdom that was far beyond her years. "What is it, mother?" she asked.

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "The prophecy... it's more than just a prediction. It's a guide, a map to the future. And it's time you knew all of it."

Her eyes widened slightly, but she nodded, signaling for me to continue. I began to tell her about the prophecy's final part, the one I had held back for so long.

"When the human queen ascends the throne, a great enemy will rise from Trolltopia, but so too will an ally. The prophecy speaks of a 'Heart of Stone', a troll who will defy her people and stand with the queen. This troll will be instrumental in the coming war."

Aurelia listened, her expression thoughtful. "A troll ally... Do we know anything more about them?"

"We do not," I admitted. "But the prophecy is clear that you will not be alone in your fight. You must be open to this ally when they appear."

She nodded, determination flashing in her eyes. "I understand, mother. I'll be ready."

I felt a rush of pride. Aurelia was ready, not just to be queen, but to face whatever came her way. And as I looked at her standing there, bathed in the last light of the setting sun, I knew that Elflandia was in good hands.