CHAPTER 7

After the conversation, an unusual silence settled between Jimin and Suga, a taciturn exchange that had become customary for the duo. Colleagues and subordinates often dubbed them the "Cold Twins" due to their shared reticence. Jimin absentmindedly scrolled through his mobile, his thoughts lingering on the recent exchange with Suga and the enigmatic voice of a particular woman. A sigh escaped him, the elusive voice haunting his mind. Meanwhile, Suga, seated next to his boyfriend, was engrossed in composing an email on his phone. His gaze shifted to Hoseok, who appeared lost in contemplation. Typically, Hoseok was the chatterbox, initiating conversations to which Jimin and Suga would offer concise replies. 

Sensing something amiss, Suga turned to his boyfriend with a furrowed brow. "Hobi, what's on your mind?" he inquired, breaking the usual pattern, as Hoseok seemed surprisingly subdued. Suga closed his phone with a confident click, then took hold of Hoseok's hands. "Babe, they're going to love both you and your gifts. No need to stress," he assured, sealing his words with a tender kiss on Hoseok's hand. Hoseok, momentarily lost in his thoughts, was brought back by Suga's reassuring touch. He managed a smile, saying, "I know, Suga. It's just something else." Meanwhile, Jimin, seated luxuriously opposite them in the sleek car, observed the interaction with keen interest. Unable to contain his curiosity, he chimed in, "Hoseok, what's on your mind?" Suga shot Jimin a pointed look, silently cautioning him not to pry too deeply into their private conversation.

HOSEOK'S POV;

I looked, both Jimin and Suga before voicing my thoughts, "It's peculiar, guys. I met a girl. I mean, not a girl, but a lady. There's something about her that I can't quite put into words. It's like a feeling of déjà vu, but I can't pinpoint where I might have seen her before." Reflecting on my encounter with the mysterious lady at the jewelry shop. Suga looking puzzled, inquired, "What lady are you talking about?" I proceeded to share the details of my encounter, "I met this lady at the jewelry shop. She was incredibly kind, helping me choose gifts and jewels. But there was something off about her. When I brought up her fiancée during our discussion knowing about her wedding shopping, her demeanor changed noticeably. It felt like her smile was a bit too perfect, almost fake, you know? I can't shake off the feeling that there's more to it." As I expressed my thoughts, the men exchanged glances, clearly intrigued by the mysterious aura surrounding the encounter.

Suga let out a weary sigh, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "Hobi, I thought something serious had gone down. Quit overthinking things that aren't our business," he advised, a faint smile playing on his lips. "But Suga, I can't shake it off," I confessed, my worry for the mysterious lady lingering in my thoughts. "Hoseok, as Suga said, it's not our concern. Don't let it consume you," Jimin advised, trying to ease my troubled mind. I nodded, though the concern still tugged at me. "I guess it's not my cup of tea," I admitted, attempting to brush it off. "Hoseok," Jimin called my name, and I turned to face him. "Sorry," he apologized, focusing back on his mobile. I managed a small, appreciative smile. I glanced at Suga, who wore a stoic expression. I could tell it was his doing as Jimin apologised. "What?" he inquired, catching on to my suspicious look. "Nothing much, just wanted to let you know I love you, babe," I said, wrapping my arms around him. Suga reciprocated the hug, his blank expression softening into a small, genuine smile.

END OF HOSEOK'S POV.

As the couple shared a tender moment, Hoseok's words lingered in Jimin's thoughts, a persistent whisper that tugged at his curiosity. The question of who the lady was occupied his mind, and suddenly, a memory flashed— the voice from the mall's parking lot. 'Could it be my Angel?' he wondered for a fleeting moment, then shook his head, choosing to set the thought aside for now.

JIN'S POV;

The prospect of Jimin finally coming home filled me with both happiness and a subtle pang of sadness. It had been four days since his return, yet he chose to delve into matters concerning his enemies first, even displaying an unexpected brusqueness towards Jungkook. The question echoed in my mind – was this a different Jimin? However, amidst the conflicting emotions, one undeniable truth stood firm – he is a family and will always be. "Ryujin, is everything in order? Kimchi fried rice, chicken gravy, fry..." I began listing Jimin's favorite dishes, only to be gently cut off by my wife. "Jin, everything is ready. Don't stress too much. The chefs have prepared all of Jimin's favorite foods, okay?" She reassured me, hugging me. "I know, but he's coming home after five years. It has to be perfect," I replied, holding her close. "Hyung, he'll understand. Don't worry too much," came a reassuring voice, and I turned to see Namjoon smiling at both me and Ryujin. "I know the old Jimin would have. But after the way he acted with Jungkook, I feel like he needs to see that he has a family waiting for him," I expressed, locking eyes with Namjoon, who nodded in understanding. "Hyung, don't overthink it. You know the challenges he's taken on," Namjoon added, offering further reassurance.