Provenance

Riley was sipping her beer at a table with Sam

Riley was sipping her beer at a table with Sam. He had all his research spread out on the table. "What are you going to say when someone sees all this?" she asked at one point. "We have fake FBI badges, Riley. I think we can get away with it." She laughed slightly, then nodded. "What did you find in John's journal about the murders?" They were close to New York now, but they wanted to spend the night in a motel before continuing. Of course, Dean suggested a bar to have some fun. "He's definitely been keeping a closer eye on this area. But he didn't know exactly what it was. They all had their throats slit, though." "How many murders before that?" she asked, leaning over the newspaper reports as she glanced at the bar. Dean paid for the beer while a woman next to him flirted with him. She sighed and turned her eyes back to John's diary. "1912, 1945 and 1970." "Hm. The intervals don't really help." "No. But if Dad was keeping an eye on it, we should look for it." "Yeah, a killer would be almost a hundred years old by now, unless he's a ghost or a demon." Sam nodded. Riley looked back at the bar. Dean was talking to the flirtatious woman. "Would you excuse me for a minute?" Sam also looked at Dean and a slight grin crossed his face as Riley made her way over to them.

Riley heard the woman giggle, which made her blood boil with jealousy. She arrived at the bar, put her hand on Dean's thigh and gave him a fake smile. "Hi baby. You forgot my drink." She pointed to the beer still on the bar. Dean swallowed hard. "Hi, sweetheart." He smiled anyway. "Um, who's that?" the woman next to Dean asked. Riley looked at her briefly, she was wearing a miniskirt and a rather low-cut brown top. No room for imagination, she showed almost everything. Dean put a hand around Riley's waist and pulled her close to him. "My girlfriend," he smiled broadly. "She's fantastic." "Oh am I, yeah?" "Girlfriend?" the woman said disdainfully. "Yep." Dean said, popping the P. " Didn't say anything about that just now." She smiled seductively and put a hand on Dean's, who was about to reach for the beer. Riley clenched her jaw. Dean laughed nervously. "Brandy, come on. That was harmless flirting. My girlfriend here is the only one for me." Riley easily broke free of Dean's grip and rolled her eyes. Then she turned to Brandy. "Listen, Brandy." She pronounced her name almost venomously. "Your hands stay with you, or we're going to have a big problem here, okay?" Brandy laughed, but the nervousness was audible. She removed her hand from Dean's and picked up her bag. "I think I'd better go."

Riley sat down on the empty bar stool and drank her beer. Dean smiled at her and put a hand on her thigh. "You know you have nothing to worry about, right?" Riley sighed. "It's not always easy, Dean. I can't even get mad at her for having a crush on you, because I more than understand. But I hate to see you flirt." Dean pulled her off the stool and between his legs. "Okay. No more flirting from now on." "You'll never last," Riley smiled. "I can still flirt with you." He wiggled his eyebrows, which made her laugh. "There it is at last, that sound I like so much." He kissed her, making her forget her jealousy. "Okay, you win," she mumbled and continued to kiss him. Dean pulled away slightly and looked around. "Where's Sam?" "Back at the motel." Dean grinned. "We're not going back yet, are we?" Riley shook her head with a laugh, kissed him again, then whispered, "Unless we have some other business to take care of."