Chapter Five: Mates Meet at Last

"This town looks amazing," Lachlan breathed as he took in the sights and sounds of Covington Springs. Sure enough, he and Marithe were being driven in Anita's compact sedan as the drag queen in question and her cousin Aquilla accompanied both Omegas through the town. And all of the townspeople who have heard of the news of the boys' arrival were eagerly waiting to get their first glance at the duo while police guards and the state troopers led the procession through the streets. "I've never heard of this town before even when I was an Alpha. I think I'm in love with this place already."

Aquilla snorted, placing a fresh coat of lipstick on while her twin cousin bit back a chuckle. "Well, let's just say that they've been hearing a lot about y'all," she remarked. "But yeah, Covington Springs is a nice haven by the oceans. Folks from Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort, and even as far as the Golden Isles in Georgia come here because we're one of the most-prominent beach-towns in South Carolina.  Anyone who's anyone comes here- even Druscilla and our kinfolk from the Seelie Court like to hang around to get away from it all."

"I'll bet," Marithe said as the procession soon arrived at a sprawling subdivision that had the charm as those from the rich parts of large cities. "And I take it that this is the Gold Fin merfolk coven that's our new home?"

"Yup," Anita chirped, lips popping at the "p" as everyone took notice of the residents who were coming out of their homes. "Let me give you boys the quick rundown of how things roll here at Gold Fin. The small houses are those for the elderly while medium-sized houses are for the merfolk who have found their mates. Almost everyone who isn't mated yet or those who are Warriors mainly stay in small condo-like apartments not far from here."

"And the people?" Lachlan wanted to know.

"Well, most merfolk rarely ever age when one finds a mate," Aquilla commented. "Really, merfolk can choose whether or not to live as immortals or age, but almost everyone can pass off as either high-schoolers, college kids, or people in their early thirties. But the one thing to know is that unlike you guys...they KEEP their promises to be faithful to their mates."

"Really?" Marithe asked, him being stung at the reminder.

Anita nodded. "Yep. Henny, you oughta know by now that the supernatural world never jokes around when it comes to the mating bond. Even demons and the sane rogues live for it nowadays," she replied. "But it's always the merfolk, angels, and fallen angels who take the mating bond VERY seriously. In their worlds, to reject a mate is a vicious betrayal that's is punishable by death- no questions asked."

Marithe and Lachlan shot looks at each other, both of them understanding the seriousness of these queens' words.

Too soon, the procession slowed to a stop at a grand-looking condominium that looked as if it was primed for a family with a grand view of a large backyard. "This is where we live?" Marithe asked as he and the others jostled out of the car.

"This is it," Aquilla said as she patted down her hair. "This is the main coven house right here. And this is also where your mates are waiting for you."

At the last sentence, the doors swung open to reveal two athletic Asian men with black hair cut short and their abs and chests on full display while wearing only tight shorts that revealed their prominent erections. Twins. "Well, well," the one on the left said, giving the boys a leery grin. "Look who's finally home."

"Chace," the second brother said, eyes narrowed in silts before turning to the now-stunned Omegas. "Welcome, Marithe Deinos and Lachlan St. Martin, to the Gold Fin coven. I assume that you know that we're your mates and Alpha's, right?"

Both boys nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Speak," the second twin ordered softly.

"We do," Lachlan said, him bowing in submission.