Chapter Thirteen: Twilight Swims, Confrontations, and Beachside Passions

At Longway Beach, later that evening...

Gentle reader, it is truly understandable if one is still facing a lot of heat and pressure after a scandalous faux-pas that has caused him or her to fall from grace. As for Marithe Deinos, his fall from grace with his statement made at the town-hall meeting earlier that morning, he was going to face a lot of backlash from his social blunder. Even more so when he spat on the faces of Theirry Lemieux and his second-chance mate Lyle Arohnson.

So it came to no one's surprise when word of him being downgraded to a more twink-esque appearance thanks to the witch covens and the moon wolf in question. Once the members of the Gold Fin merpeople coven got a look at him, they officially let him have it with barbed words and veiled threats to make him see the light if the destined Luna in question continued to question authority.

"You screwed up big time, Deinos! What you said earlier just wrote a check that you're not going to be able to cash! That's what you get for pissing off Druscilla and Her grandson!"

"You never fail to amaze everyone, kid, and in the wrong ways too! If I was your mate, I'd beat your ass cheeks until you were screaming my name and then fuck you senseless!"

"I hope you're stocking up on painkillers, boy. The more you try to fight your new life and discredit everyone who's  giving you a second chance, the more trouble you'll have in the future and the more pains you'll get. Time to shape up, kid!"

"Everyone had high hopes for you when you accepted a second chance from Druscilla and Amalia. We wanted to believe that you were going to take a slice of humble pie and get used to being an Omega while letting Chance and Chace love you as you should've done with Thierry beforehand. Guess this new reality check for you is going to show you that there are worse games to play if you're still stiff-necked."

As for Lachlan, things were slightly better for him since he fully took responsibility for his actions. But it didn't mean that he got off easy. "All eyes will be on you, Lachlan, to make sure that you stand by your words," one of the warriors told him during lunch. "We know that you're sincere and all that, but you have to show everyone that you walk the walk and put everything in action. Don't end up like Marithe and end up getting a bad hand, kid. Until you're walking down the aisle and fully mated to my Alphas, you got a long journey ahead of you."

And now, all of the merpeople of the coven- Chance, Chace, and their mates included- were now at one of the many glorious beaches of Covington Springs as the anticipation of their weekly twilight swim filled the air. Some of them were fully naked and wanted to swim in their natural forms while others wore bikinis (ladies) and speedos (men) with the children and pre-teens who had yet to transform for the first time wearing swimsuits and swim shirts to cover their modesty.

Lachlan bit back a shudder as he felt a tide of goose flesh crawl over him with the evening wind blowing gently. "I never knew that everyone here was hyped up for a swim," he commented as Chace rubbed his shoulder blades.

"It's all part of being a water dweller," Chace noted. "And with you going to transform into your merman half for the first time, it'll be good for you to be in tune with him."

"Definitely," Chance commented as he and Marithe, both of them down to matching speedos, approached the others with Marithe looking more and more uncomfortable with his new look. "Our twilight swims here in our pack will make sure that the both of you understand your new lives as mermen."

"I'm only scared that I'll scare people away with my new look," Lachlan admitted, taking a deep breath as the setting sun illuminated his Cuban skin tone. "I mean, this is still a lot to take in, learning everything and all. But I want to at least try to make the most of everything."