STARBOY | 33

ONCE WORD HAD SPREAD THROUGHOUT TOWN ABOUT THE RACE TO BREAK THE TIE AND THE SOC'S WERE ON BOARD WITH THE IDEA, IT WAS FINALLY TIME FOR THE EVENT

Mustangs strolled through the gates of Heeseung's race track, some of them were being used to race in, whereas others were going to sit in them to watch instead of standing on the bleachers with the Greasers. They were far too classy for that...

With the help from Ria, Miso had managed to make her injuries look less noticeable with makeup which the Choi girl was grateful for. She was clad in more of her best friends clothes which were a pair of leather jeans and a red cropped top, that she paired with black heels and Niki's leather jacket.

For once in her life time, she felt confident. She didn't care what the Socs had to say — or what they thought. It was her life and she was going to live it how she wanted, even if that meant falling in love with a Greaser and dressing like a 'Slut.'

Looking up at Niki as she sat on his motorcycle, he stood before her with a cancer stick stuck between his lips as usual, puffing out the toxic smoke. He was wearing his normal attire, but instead of the plain, leather jacket that was usually on his body, he was wearing his racing one, which was white and had writing on.

"You nervous?" She wondered, and Niki's eyes flicked down to her lips before he reached up and removed the cigarette from his mouth and blew out the smoke away from her.

"I don't get nervous, Doll." He shook his head, a slight smirk apparent in the corner of his plump lips as he leaned down, resting his hand beside the girls thigh.

"I wanna try something." Niki lowly announced just above a whisper. "Open your mouth." He instructed, and silently, as Miso's stomach did somersaults, she parted her lips, giving into his command.

His brown eyes glanced between her eyes and mouth with a smirk, before he brought up his cigarette and took a drag from it. Then, he leaned down, cupping the side of her face as he blew the smoke into the younger girls mouth before pulling her into a kiss.

It took Miso by surprise, but nevertheless, she kissed Niki back, deepening the kiss once the boy dropped his cigarette on the floor and she felt him place a hand on her waist.

Instantly, once the couple pulled away, a cough fell past Miso's lips, making Niki chuckle at the girls reaction to the smoke that entered her body.

"You're cute." He complimented, a smile still evident on his face as Miso giggled once her coughing fit had come to an end.

"The Socs are ready," Sunghoon told everybody as he entered the garage and headed over to where his motorcycle was parked. "Miso, you should go get set up."

Nodding her head, Miso stood up from Niki's bike with a grin on her lips and placed her hands in the Nishimura boys chest and kissed his lips as a way to say 'goodbye' and 'good luck', before she hurried out of the garage and to the race track.

Immediately, as Miso stood in the centre of the track with her heart pounding against her chest, her eyes met her brothers. They were almost red with anger, and his jaw was clenched as he got inside his mustang, roaring the engine as a way to intimidate his sister.

As the vehicles lined up behind the start line, getting ready for Miso to yell go, the Choi girl couldn't help but feel nervous as the lights from the cars and bikes shone onto her, almost blinding her.

Taking a deep breath, Miso composed herself and bit down on her lip and held the checkered flag in the air.

"On your marks," She began and the vehicles' engines eagerly groaned.

"Get set, go!"

Straight away, the bikes and cars took off, zooming past Miso, causing her hair to blow around in the air and shivers to course through her body, and without another thought, she joined her friends that were standing on the bleachers already cheering.

As the race played out, it became intense as Kazuha was currently in the lead with Heeseung, Beomgyu, Niki and Soobin hot on her tail. Miso watched anxiously whilst Niki swerved through the cars, overtaking them and catching them off guard before he revved his engine and caught up to Kazuha.

Though, Beomgyu's speed began to increase and before anyone knew it, the Soc had passed both Niki and Kazuha, making groans of annoyance and 'boo's' too leave the Greasers' mouths.

Choi Miso didn't want her brother to win. She didn't want him to take all the undeserved glory and boast about it. She didn't want him celebrating his win by beating the weak Greasers.

However, as Miso nervously bit down on her bottom lip and her heart beat faster than ever, Niki seemed to pick up his speed and he overtook the girls brother and then crossed the finish line, finishing in first place.

Miso's eyes widened with shock and excitement and the bleaches erupted in cheers as the girl that would once call herself a Soc rushed down the steps and over the the Greaser she fell in love with.

He climbed off of his bike and took off his helmet, tossing it to the floor, and without another thought, he hurried towards Miso and engulfed her in a hug, spinning her around in bliss as giggles left both of their mouths.

"I'm so proud of you, Niki!" Miso beamed once her feet her planted on the floor and she reached up on her tiptoes and kissed him passionately -- his arms immediately finding their home at her waist.

"It's definitely because you kissed me on the lips this time." He grinned, making Miso laugh and bob her head in agreement, before Niki leaned down and kissed her once more.

"After party at The Weekender!" The couple heard someone announce, and Miso pulled away from Niki and looked up at him with questioning eyes.

"Are we going?" She wondered, keeping her arms loosely around the boys neck, fiddling with hair on the back of his head.

"Nah," Niki shook his head. "I wanna take you somewhere else."

★