Prologue

'Where am I?' You wondered to yourself.

You were currently lying on a large, queen-sized bed, in an unfamiliar room. The room was filled with valuable decorations, which were too expensive for your taste; you didn't particularly like decorating your room with such lavish items. It would waste so much money. You slowly sat up in the bed, watching long locks of silver-white hair cascade down your shoulder. Your eyes widened in shock.

'Hold on...' You thought, taking a few strands of hair into your hands, and sifting through them. They were totally white. 'My hair isn't white... it's normally an (h/c) color. Something's wrong.' You quickly push off the blankets that were piled on top of your body, making your way toward a mirror near the right corner of the room.

You stared at your reflection in the mirror, lips parted in surprise. Your hair was no longer (h/c), but the color of snow; your eyes weren't (e/c) anymore, but a vibrant shade of crimson red; your skin color wasn't (s/c) anymore, but a deathly pale shade of ivory. As you got a closer look at your features, you realized something.

You were no longer in your body.

You became Ellenia Vasilios, the villainess of 'Absolutely Diabolical,' a novel you read years ago when you were only fourteen.

"This isn't real, right...?" You chuckled nervously; the corners of your lips turning up into a crooked smile. "Right...?"

You tug at a few strands of white hair, trying to pull it out. You were convinced that this was all a bad dream, just a part of your imagination. Maybe, perhaps, if you felt a bit of pain, your body would instantly wake up. How wrong you were.

Even after multiple attempts of inflicting pain on yourself; pinching your arms, tugging at your hair, etc., you still couldn't wake up.

"This has to be some kind of sick joke..." You muttered softly to yourself.

You look up at your reflection in the mirror again. Your hair was now a disheveled mess, there were nail marks all over your arms from when you were pinching yourself, and your scalp felt incredibly sore from all that tugging and pulling on your hair.

This was definitely not a dream.

Suddenly, you heard three knocks at your door.

"My lady?" A deep, smooth, voice spoke from the other side.

Startled, you whip your head around to face the door.

"Who is it?" You manage to respond calmly.

"It's me, Zayne, your bodyguard. It's time for you to get ready, young miss."

You tilt your head to the side, confused.

"Get ready for what?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.

Zayne merely coughs, clearing his throat.

"For school, of course, Miss Ellenia." He replied flatly.

You stood there silently for a brief second, thinking of what to say next.

"Alright then, I'll be out soon. Just wait for me to finish getting ready."

You could hear Zayne grunt while nodding his head.

"Yes, mistress. I'll be waiting for you right outside your door. Once you're done, we can head out."

"Understood."

You turn around to face the mirror again, before letting out a soft sigh.

'Today will certainly be a long day...'