Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3-

The familiar tone of the song goes on as I dance to it. Standing with my arms around Jake’s neck as we smile and dance to it. His hands wandering over my waist as he pulls me close with every beat of the song. Leaning into my ear his whispers,

“Let’s to go some place quiet?” he asks as I blush and nod. We head out towards the garden of the house. Jake right next to me with his hands interlocked with mine. As soon as we reach the backyard Jake stops me from going any further. He swings me back into his arms as I blush during his soft chuckle. His hot breathe fanning my face as I take in the aroma of a bit of alcohol. But what mattered was the fact that our faces were just inches away from each other. He placed his soft lips on my cheek. The same cheek where Arjun had kissed. I feel nostalgic all of a sudden. The softness of Arjun’s lips was different. I try to snap myself out of it when I notice Jake’s lips are parted and he’s trying to say something.

“I have waited so long to do this..” Jake says as he pulls my chin up to his. Our faces just an inch away from each other. We’re both leaning in at the same time. He licks his lips and that very second they’d touch. I’m ready to pop my foot. I’m ready if it rains. But that’s not that happens. All of a sudden we hear someone puking. Suddenly I turn around and find Rohan leaned down puking his guts out. In panic I rush over to him and start rubbing his back.

“Hey are you alright?” I ask him once I stops and looks up. He weakly smiles at me before answering “I guess I had too much to drink” he shyly says in embarrassment. I turn to Jake who looks disappointed but just shrugs with a smile. I take Rohan back in to the party and try to find Arjun.

After minutes of looking I find him sitting between a bunch of girls as they giggle and laugh and he plays with the drink in his hand with a smirk. Amanda is not seen around but when I spot her I run towards her.

“Look what your date is doing..” I say rolling my eyes as she chuckles.

“He’s charming everyone, that’s all” she says with a smile. I keep forgetting they’ve known each other just a day. I find Amanda company and then turn towards Arjun.

“May I help you?” Arjun says when I look at him with a stare.

“We need to go home” I say as he chuckles.

“Ask your date to drop you home. I’m not your driver” he says and the girls beside him start laughing.

“Or your escort. But if you want..” he trails off with a smirk.

“Rohan isn’t feeling well.” I just say and point towards him. His smile gets wiped off as soon as his eyes land on Rohan. He keeps the drink aside and pushes past a few girls and walks with him towards him.

“Rohan!” he says shaking him a little. Rohan opens one eye and looks at him. Arjun gasps before picking him up by one arm.

“What happened and how did you know?” Arjun asked as he started taking Rohan with him outside.

“He was puking. I was with Jake and-“

“I don’t want to know what you and Jake were doing. Just tell me what happened to him!” Arjun says in an ice cold tone as he puts Rohan in the back seat of the car. I get a little scared when he screams a little but I try to stay calm.

“I asked him and he said he had too much to drink!” I explain getting in the front seat of the car. Arjun starts the car as the tires screech down the road. He just drives as fast as possible and then parks when they reach the house. He takes Rohan out carefully telling him that he’d take care of him and then turns to me,