Kinugasa Interview Thoughts

Reading in kinugasa's interview sounded like he was making a fanfiction. ROUTES?!!! 😂

Here's how I bet the next book will go:
- [ ] Ecchinose:
- [ ] A loses a classmate...
- [ ] In her depression, like getting drunk after a bad breakup, gets with Kiyo alone and tries to work her namesake... maybe using Ichika's gift too, assuming it hasn't been used already 👀
- [ ] or B: in her panic to save them, she begs Kiyo to save her, he asks for something of value in return... and yeah, law of equivalent exchange
Jokes aside, u know if she feeling like she's looking, u know who she's calling... and only class A has debatably worse physical abilities.

A couple other things, the major character that would be expelled is down to:
Ryuuen- they have been preparing for his departure, and for Katsuragi and Shiina to take over. It would be unfortunate because obviously, I want to see his upgraded self unleashed for the whole series and hopefully after graduation. It will be hell getting him out though. He's taking people with him, probably Kanzaki especially. Kito would be ironic too.
Not to mention, we've seen him more than willing to sacrifice himself for the betterment of his gan~cough cough, class. Everything is setup for that... then Kiyo magically finds a way to get him into Honomi's class alongside himself ... Probably changes the law on 20M points or sends him to Hosen's class or something lol.

last note, Katsuragi being like a smarter Ryuuen would be pretty good, especially in trying to get his revenge, his vindication against Arisu. If he damages her, this would in turn harness Arisu's growth of not overestimating herself, and underestimating others. She'll actually get a happy revelation in this tbh. Remember, she did find the school boring until Kiyo was revealed. She basically doesn't think much of most people besides pawns. She will really notice how human and flawed she is, and really fight with all she has while getting stronger. That's probably why more of her classmates are being revealed this late in the series.

... after thinking about each of the major characters, I realized they have too much use in the story, at least for the next volume. Kei would be next most likely, but I believe she has to fulfill the role of teaching Kiyo what growth is made from a breakup. The fury and ability she'll display gotta be furious, though, possibly swift.

I expect her to go out like Ryuuen: Kamikaze style. She'll take a pound of flesh, if not other people with her. She'll expose everything she knows about Kiyo, similar to what Suzune would do if Kiyo betrayed the class.
So, unfortunately, she definitely has a chance to go pretty soon. However, since I'd put all the money on Ryuuen, I'd say she'll stay for awhile as an inspirational leader and boon for Suzune when they face Kiyotaka. She'll have some amazing closure, especially when her secret gets out.

Gotta say, all of this would be epic!

Short notes for other characters who:
- [ ] Kikyo? it's unlikely because she is the "except someone for who they are, despite their faults" person. Her feelings, actions, and character arc still have some juice for later down the line. Not to mention, her interactions with Kiyo are enjoyable and can be expanded because of their similarities. she is another one who has seen his superhuman abilities and shares using a mask to the max. And... I hate to say it, but just like the fact that the series and its wiki announce "vital statistics", she still brings that kind of fanservice. Also, she's kind of like Myne from shield hero. She is one of the more mean-spirited people, but because of that, she really helped make the series more talked about. It's been a long time for a lot of us, but You gotta think about it: who does what Kushida did with Kiyo's hand? Especially for the type of series people think this is, especially for the kind character she was acting out before that. That turn made noise at bare minimum. It didn't "pit the series on the map," but it was a unique, surprising scene for many watchers/readers alike. You always need a villain, and she fit that role well. Even in these fics, her getting crushed is always one of the more enjoyable parts, admit it. In summary, she can still provide a lot to Kiyo and the series. Heck, if Kiyo is known as a playboy, she may shamelessly try to take Kiyo away from Honomi. It would be Horikita's master plan 😂.
- [ ] Ichinose has 0 chance. too popular, too many assets, and teaches how love bordering obsession can lead a person to break through their limits like he did... those last 12 words are a stretch, but he's definitely never seen someone like her before. She's practically on a fallen angel arc. Not to mention, like Kita, she has been crushed, and reborn, but in a wild, partially reasonable way.
- [ ] Kita: 0
- [ ] Arisu: has a protection point, and her father doesn't seem completely impartial (he gave her his number way before Atsuomi's attack). Also, the growth mentioned above
- [ ] All in all, just like My Hero Academia's All Might, everything comes back to Kiyotaka