37. Future Boss

Jungkook's POV

"Congrats Jungkook shi, your hand is all fine now," Dr Park smiles at me while gently rubbing my arm. But I can't make myself smile, looking at the dry skin of my swollen arm. I thought to give Tae hyung a surprise today. That's why I didn't tell him yesterday, I'm getting rid of the cast before I go to Kirin for admission. But now I don't think he'll be so happy seeing my arm. It actually looked better inside the cast.

"It's okay, the swelling will go away in a few days. Don't look so sad," Dr Park says, patting my face and smiling even broadly, trying to cheer me up.

"Hmm...okay," I look up and give him a smile.

"Ah..your son's so cute, Jihyuna," Dr Park says turning to my Dad who was staring at my arm with a frown. Dr Park is his best friend from high school.

"Do you have any ointment or cream to reduce the dryness quickly?" Dad asks him.

"Yeah, I'll prescribe an ointment," he says and looks back at me. Then he gives me advice on washing my hands properly, using moisturizer liberally and massaging every day. He simply smiles at me as I listen to him carefully and nod my head.

In ten minutes, we exit the hospital and Dad drives the car in the direction of Kirin High School.

"Oh! Welcome Mr Jeon!" Mr Kim, the principal says, smiling broadly at Dad as we enter his office. "Mr Jeon, we are so glad to admit your son here," he tells Dad as we take our seat in front of him. Then he averts his gaze to me. "You must be Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes," I nod to him.

He smiles and fishes out a form from a file. "You may fill this out, Jungkook." I nod to him and fill out the application while Mr Kim talks to Dad. After I finish filling it, Dad signs it and gives it back to Mr Kim.

Mr Kim places the form back in the file and clears his throat, looking at Dad. "Now Mr Jeon, shall we talk about the fees and donation?"

"Sure," Dad nods.

"Jungkook, would you like to go and look around the school while I talk with your Dad?" Mr Kim asks me.

"Oh, okay!" I immediately nod to him and get up from the chair. Then I walk out of the office, looking for the basketball court, excited to meet Tae hyung. I didn't think I'd be able to see him in school today.

After walking for almost five minutes, I finally find the basketball court. Kirin's basketball team is practicing there wearing their blue jerseys and I quickly hurry down the bleachers.

I soon notice Tae hyung at the three-point line near their young coach, effortlessly throwing balls into the hoop one after another. I can't help but smile wide, staring at him. I still can't believe I'll be able to see him playing basketball every day from now on.

It's Park Jimin who notices me first and points me to Tae hyung after his turn to throw the balls into the hoop ends. Taehyungie hyung's lips instantly bunch into a wide box smile on seeing me. He comes running towards me with Jimin behind him.

"Jungkookie! You got rid of the cast! You didn't tell me!" He says immediately grabbing my hand.

"I thought to give you a surprise. But my hand looks ugly," I say as he gently caresses the dry skin of my arm.

"No, don't say that!" He scolds me. "I'm so glad your hand can finally breathe," he looks up at my face and smiles again broadly.

"You wanna already let everyone know he is your boyfriend, Tae?" Jimin asks from behind him. I quickly withdraw my hands, noticing some of their teammates looking at me.