Chapter one: Damien

When I first met Estelle Wilson, I knew i wanted her. It was a cold day in April at my favorite coffee shop- the new one off of First and Main- when she bumped into me, spilling hot coffee all over my new shirt.

"What the fuck?!" I snapped. "Can't you watch where you're-" oh. OH. holy crap.

She had chocolate hair half pulled back with a bow, honey brown eyes, and a million freckles across her nose and cheeks. She looked about 25 and wore a gold necklace and rings, and a navy star printed dress that made her look like she stepped out of a "light astronomy aesthetic" Google search. She was stunning.

Another thing I noticed was the birthmark on her left calf. It kinda looked like a cat. She looked at me with wide eyes, immediately running to get napkins as I stood there in shock of what had happened in the last twenty seconds.

"I'm so sorry, let me help!" She cried, handing me several napkins. "Can I buy you another coffee?" Damn, she was nice too.

"That's okay love, I haven't been short on money since the Great Depression. Six dollars for another coffee isn't a big deal. However you are absolutely beautiful, do you have a boyfriend?" I'm a horrible flirt. But she was so gorgeous I didn't care.

"No, I'm single"

"May I have your number? I don't mean to come across the wrong way but you are very pretty and kind and I'd like to take you on a date"

"Oh- yeah, sure-" she pulled a notepad and pen out of her purse and wrote down the number, handing it to me. "I'm Ellie"

"Damien" I said in response. The barista calls her name and she smiles at me, excusing herself with a wave and walking out of the shop.

I swear I stood there for two minutes before returning to the checkout for another coffee.