Chapter six- Damien

Being in love with Ellie is like being in love with life. She is everything. She is all consuming in the best way possible. Waking up is now my favorite thing, because I get to wake up to her sleeping next to me.

I haven't been so genuinely okay with life as is in a very long time.

My favorite memory with Estelle is meeting her best friends. We were set to go on a double date, as Michelle and Lilli were in town for the summer. They moved to England after college and hadn't seen Estelle since just before we met.

It was a beautiful June morning. Ellie was in the shower already when I got back from my morning run. Showers were Ellie's "me time", so instead of asking to join her I took my things into the downstairs bathroom to take the quickest shower of the century. I tripped over a cat toy on my way up the stairs, cursing out Midnight and Pumpkin for leaving toys on the stairs, but I didn't really mean it because, well, they don't exactly have thumbs.

She had left the bathroom door open and steam was wafting out of the doorway. She was singing "Maniac" by Conan Gray, and I couldn't help but smile. Not because she sounded good. I love Estelle, but she could not sing. I smiled because Maniac has been my favorite song since it was released.

And now it was hers.

I hummed along to almost every song in her playlist (A/N: the playlist referenced is on my Spotify) as I got dressed, choosing a black T-shirt Estelle had bought me, with flowers in the shape of a human heart over where my actual heart would be. Along with the T-shirt, I wore a pair of black jeans with red combat boots. I was spraying on my favorite cologne when she stepped out of the bathroom, still wet hair flopping over her face.

"Oh, morning babe"

"Good morning, Darling. You need some help?" I asked, putting on my watch and smirking at her trying to hold her towel up, and hold her pajamas and phone, all while her hair blinded her.

"I lived-" she fought with the bra strap caught on her ring, "Twenty-five years without your help, no, I do- Ah!"

She too, tripped over a cat toy. It was an eventful morning.

Meeting Lilli and Michelle was fun.

Lillian was small, with long, bubblegum pink hair and piercing green eyes. She squinted when she smiled and her nose crinkled, her voice was soft and melodic.

Michelle was tall and a bit heavyset, a curly chestnut bob framing one icy blue eye, and one deep green one. She was quiet and kind, light freckles dusting her pale nose.

They were both beautiful, but neither compared to Ellie. Her long dark hair was in braids that ended in ponytails at the base of her neck, and her barely visible makeup was flawless. she wore the same astronomy dress from when we first met, though I don't even think she realized it. 

Michelle and Lilli were wonderful. They were funny and kind and told me several embarrassing stories about Estelle from high school and college. They really treated me like I was part of the friend group, and I appreciated that more than they understood. It was refreshing after a few decades of being an outcast. I had allowed Estelle to tell the girls about my immortality, and even though they asked an overwhelming amount of questions, I felt at peace.

We went bowling after lunch, a sport I am notoriously bad at. But Estelle liked it, so I tried my best. It was probably one of the best days with Estelle, and possibly the best this century.

Damn I was down bad for that girl.