Chapter 5: Estelle

A/N: HEY YALL SORRY THE LAST CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT BUT I NEEDED TO HAVE TWO ESTELLE CHAPTERS IN A ROW FOR IT TO END WITH THE CHARACTER I WANTED IT TO. NO MORE CHAPTERS WILL BE THAT SHORT I SWEAR.

We dated for three years. It was amazing. I moved in with him after a year, shocked by the beauty of his two story, four bedroom house.  We adopted another cat, an orange one named Pumpkin. I shared things with Damien that no one in the world had ever known about me. Secrets and fears, hopes and dreams that id never shared with a single soul. He knew me perfectly, inside and out (do with that as you will). He was sweet, gentle and kind. Probably the most thoughtful man I'd ever met. Every year on our anniversary, we would paint at the same park, then go out for a nice dinner.

He liked to tell me stories about wars he'd fought in, famous people he'd met, and what historical events he was there for, the coolest being the Salem Witch Trials. Apparently he was almost burned at the stake because he "refused to die".

We were watching tv on the couch one day when I asked him the question that had been eating at me for months. "Why do you love me?"

"Pardon?" He asked, immediately pausing Titanic.

"Why? Why do you let yourself love me? You will live forever. I will live ninety years- if I'm lucky. You are my everything- but I will barely be a blot in your lifetime. Why would you tourment yourself like that?"

"Because, Darling," God I loved when he called me darling, "for the time you are alive, I will memorize everything about you. And when you depart from this world, every memory I have of you will keep you alive for eternity"

He said it with his voice low so only I could hear, despite it being just us and the cats in the house. Then he kissed my forehead, turned the tv back on, and shifted in his seat so that I was leaning closer to him, moving on like he hadn't said the dorkiest yet hottest thing ever to exist.

"You're such an idiot," I , cuddling closer to him and laying my head on his chest.

"Yes, Darling. But I'm your idiot. And you know you liked it"

"Fuck off," I mumbled into his chest, burying my face in his shirt so he didn't see me blush.

We both decided kids were overrated, and we were content with the cats. My friends would spend weekends in the spare room, and Damien welcomed them happily. Those three years were the best of my life.

After a shitload of convincing, we also got matching tattoos. They were cats, solidly colored. Mine was orange and said "my everything". His was black and said "Mon tout", which was 'my everything' in French. He was entirely fluent and liked to whisper little flirty phrases in French to catch me off guard. Worked every time.

My favorite example is when he woke me on my twenty eighth birthday by whispering "Tu as l'amour de ma vie, et je ferai n'importe quoi pour toi"*

God, he was perfect.

* Tu as l'amour de ma vie, et je ferai n'importe quoi pour toi = you are the love of my life, and i will do anything for you