Against All Odds

Y/N's POV

The following week after my talk with Elena was quite a bore. Not much happened in Mystic Falls that I was aware of anyway.

I felt as if Stefan was trying to hide something from me, I couldn't tell what or why though.

Because of this I decided to take a walk around the town and get some air, maybe I'd figure out the reason why Stefan was so secretive all of a sudden.

There was actually multiple thoughts running through my head right about now, from wondering about my growing feeling's towards Elena, to where Damon's current location was and how to stop him.

Soon, I decided to dismiss all these thoughts and focus on the now.

Focus on the cold breeze as it hit my face. Focus on the trees and beautiful neighborhood around me, focus on the gray sky.

I let out a relieved sigh, feeling a renewed sense of calmness wash over me.

This was relaxing, my moment of peace.

"You're Y/N L/N aren't you?" A voice asked from behind me interrupting the blissful silence.

"The right question is, who are you?" I answered as I looked back to see an Asian woman standing in between two men.

"My name is Pearl, you may know me as Katherine Pierce's best friend." She said before I raised my brows.

"What!?" I replied "But according to my grandfather you're supposed to be trapped in the tomb."

"Don't you know, Damon broke the seal on the tomb using a Bennett telepath, I really expected your good friend Stefan Salvatore to tell you all this, after all he was there himself." Pearl spoke as I shook my head in shock.

"When did all this even happen?" I asked.

"About a three days ago, but that's not what's important." She responded.

"Then what is?" I inquired whilst readying myself for a fist fight.

"Taking you hostage." She said nonchalantly before motioning for the two men beside her to attack me.

Great, so this is how my morning begins.

The two men who I had guessed to be vampires, sped right up to me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I queried before throwing a vervain grenade onto the vampire on the right, causing him to scream out in pain.

Next, I swiftly pulled out a wooden stake from my jacket as the vampire on the left motioned to grab me.

However before he could do this, I thrust the stake right into his throat resulting in him falling to the ground in pain and suffocation.

"Well, that was easy." I bragged as Pearl flashed me a smirk.

Wait, why was she smirking?

"Over here." A voice echoed from behind me while I looked back to face another probable vampire who was holding a metal bat.

I immediately motioned to stab him with another one of my stakes but Pearl subdued both my arms from behind me.

"Sleep tight." The vamp stated before painfully swinging his metal bat into my head, knocking me out instantly.

Well...that hurt.

I couldn't tell how much time had passed but my eyes slowly opened to my unfamiliar surroundings.

I sighed as I realized that both my hands were chained to the wall behind me but the person placed next to me intrigued me far more.

"What do we have here." I spoke before looking over to Damon who was also chained just like me.

"Don't patronize me, being here is already painful enough." Damon replied as I let out a chuckle.

"I'm guessing you're tomb buddies betrayed you." I spoke before he nodded.

I let out another sigh as before door to the room opened revealing Pearl.

"So you're finally awake." She said.

"What exactly are you planning Pearl?" I questioned, curious to know why Damon and I were still alive.

"Well, after I was freed from the tomb, I was contacted by my very good friend Katherine, to her the two of you along with Stefan and Elena are potential threats, so she wants you dead." Pearl explained.

"Then why are we still alive?" I asked referring to Damon and I.

"Simply because you're hostages, I'm going to use the two of you as leverage in order to bring Stefan here with Elena, it would be more convenient to kill all of you at once." She said coldly.

"Then I want you to know that I'll do anything and everything to get out of here against all odds!" I threatened before charging towards Pearl however the chains restrained me.

"I'd like to see you try Mr L/N." Pearl challenged before leaving the room.

I had to do whatever it takes to get out of here, if I didn't, Stefan would reluctantly arrive here with Elena because of Pearl's orders and she'd die with us too.

Not to mention if that happened there would be no one left in Mystic Falls to stop Katherine Pierce from inacting her plans with the Moonstone.

Damnit, why did things have to be this difficult.

They may not know it but the residents of Mystic Falls are counting on me...