Decisions

3 Months Later

Y/N's POV

"Happy Birthday." I say to Elena whilst leaning on the door frame of her room.

Her face lits up instantly before she approaches me and we embrace in a tight hug.

"Good to see you." She spoke with a grin on her face.

"Sorry I'm late to the party, I was... busy." I reply as we pull away from each other.

"You mean investigating any leads on Stefan and Damon." She responds before I nod.

"Any success?"

"No, unfortunately not." I answer as her smile fades.

"But no need to worry, I'll find them." I assure her before gently caressing her face.

"I know... It's just I miss them, the both of them."

"Elena, I promise, before you even know it we will bring them back home." I said before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"But forget about them just for today, tonight is your night, enjoy it." I tell her as her smile slowly returns.

"Thank you, Y/N."

"No need to thank me, I love you, I always will." I say to her before our lips press together in a gentle kiss.

After what feels like hours, we reluctantly break apart for air.

"Love you too." She replies before I take her by the hand and lead her downstairs.

"Come on, you have a party to enjoy." I remind her as she chuckles.

Elena Gilbert had been through a lot this past year, she deserved to be happy.

After making sure she loosened up and had some fun, I returned upstairs to check up on a certain lady.

"You've been awfully quiet ever since the party began." I asked her with a smirk on my face before she rolled her eyes.

"Would you rather have me downstairs preying on human lives?" Katherine spoke sarcastically causing me to chuckle.

"That's precisely why I'm worried, you're not acting like yourself."

"I'm not the one you should be worrying about, maybe you should keep an eye on the birthday girl downstairs. " She threatened as a smile creeped on her face.

"I know you would never hurt Elena." I told her as she got up from her bed and walked towards me.

"What makes you so sure?" She asked with a smirk on her lips.

"Simply because, you know hurting her would hurt me." I replied as she nuzzled my neck.

"I'm a vampire Y/N, it's second nature for me to hurt human beings like you." She whispered before scraping my skin with her fangs.

"But you're no ordinary human are you?" She inquired whilst grinning.

"You and I both know." I replied before our lips connected in a passionate kiss which deepened with each passing second.

I wrapped my arms around her waist as managed to braid her fingers into my hair.

Our moment was cut short when she suddenly pulled away with a concerned look on her face.

"...Which of us do you love more  Y/N, Elena...or me." She queried with a soft voice.

"We've already been through this--"

"--I need a real answer... I can't live like this, not knowing whether I'll be the woman you choose when the time comes, I need to know."

"Katherine, I love you but I also love Elena, what I feel for you both is real." I told her whilst gently running my hand through her hair.

"Despite this I'm aware that one day, I'll have to choose..." I continued before turning away from her and leaving the room.

I needed some time alone so I exited the Salvatore home and began taking a walk around the town.

Even after 3 months, I still couldn't decide who I loved more and this fact was beginning to slowly eat me up inside.

Why did things have to be this way.

I let out a sigh before two familiar voices echoed from behind me, interrupting my thoughts in the process.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" Stefan asked rhetorically.

"Yep, although I never expected to be back in Mystic Falls this soon." Damon added

"Hello brothers." I responded whilst mentally preparing myself for a bloody encounter.

I knew that the Salvatore's hadn't come here to make amends, quite the opposite actually.

Although I hate to admit, this little reunion of ours could easily become...fatal