Chapter Two

The first week of school seemed to drag on. Work was piled on us without sympathy from our teachers, but that failed to keep my mind ocupied. Elias was never far from my thoughts. I wanted to see him again more than anything in the entire world.

Now that the time had come, and I had butterflies.

Asher continued to question me about Elias. I told lie after lie to satisfy his curiosity. Although, the lies I told could be considered half true. He was most definitely handsome, perhaps nice, and we certainly without a doubt had a connection.

"Are you positive about this?"

I nodded my head, afraid to speak. If I did, I feared I may vomit.

"Bree, you're shaking nonstop."

Lilia was right. I was a shaking ball of nerves, but only because I was so anxious. I would finally get to my mate or so I hoped to without being caught

We were in Lilia's bedroom in the Rivero Pack house in the part of the masion only the Alpha and Beta families lived in. I was anticipating all week for today. It was Friday afternoon, and Lilia insisted today was the perfect day and time. Lilia and I kept in touch all week as she broke down all the details on her plan to help me see Elias.

She told me Friday between three and seven was the right time. A guard, hand picked by her father to watch Elias, was a complete slacker and was not very professional on the job. He tend to leave for a bathroom, call, or smoke break exessissvely.

Lilia continued to glance out her bedroom window to the yard below where she said he goes every single time. She made it clear he would not go anywhere else or notice that I may be in the room if he returns. According to her, she was positive my sent was sure to mix with Elias. Lilia walked by his room several times and could distinguish two scents come from his room. One scent was human and the other was one of a werewolf.

I had my doubts, yet I believed every word because it was now or never. I waited too long to let my worries prevent me from this moment. Plus my wolf was on cloud nine and howled with glee everytime Lilia or I mentioned Elias. She made it hard to consider all the negatives and focused on the positives, which influenced me greatly.

"Okay, here is the key." Lilia turned and placed the key in the palm of my hand. "Only the bottom lock should be locked. Not the top."

She sighed and went back to gaze out the window. "George should he taking one of his many breaks at any second now," she muttered.

I nodded even though her back was to me. I stood up from the bed on wobbly legs. I checked my appearance in the mirror for the hundredth time that afternoon.

As soon as I got home, I took a warm shower and washed my hair thoroughly. I styled my hair into loose waves and applied a bit of make-up. The outfit I chosed was simple and casual, yet cute. My apparel consisted of a black white-striped dress, with a light blue jean jacket on top, and I finished the look off with a pair of flowered printed Vans.

I smoothed out my top and combed my fingets through my hair. I hoped I looked okay.

"Bree! It's time," Lilia suddenly exclaimed. "Come on! You look fine, I promise."

She pushed me toward her bedroom door. Once we exited the room, she grabbed my arm and pulled me along hurriedly. We went pass many doors and corners and down a flight of stairs until we outside of a closed door. The door was at the end of an empty corridor secluded from the rest of the house.

A powerful aroma instantly hit me. I was taken back my the scent, and I felt dazed and my eyes heavy. It was a mixture of natural yet masculine fragrances. I got a whiff of wet grass, sweat, and almond. It was peculiar combination of smells that was alluring.