CHAPTER 4

Thea William's POV:

Time stopped. My breathing stopped. Am I dreaming? I don't know how to comprehend this.

My brain is malfunctioning because I possibly couldn't be hearing his voice after 5 years in the ridiculously absurd situation.

Does he know about it? Please tell me the secret I have done all this for is busted.

I missed the roughness with a pinch of sweetness in his voice. I haven't even dared to take his name in my dreams... how can I... no, how should I now? I have lost the right too.

"S-sage?" My voice is nothing but a whisper, that too barely audible.

"Oh, so you do remember me, sweetheart," he presses the barrel of his gun harder against my waist and I gasp. His voice dripping with well-coated venom.

"A-are you with the m-mafia?" My voice shook at the idea of returning to my old life, of him being a part of it.

"Seems like you are unaware, but I'm the one who put your husband behind bars. Meaning I'm an Officer." He twists my right arm and pins it to my lower back.

I'm too tired to fight him physically but I sure as hell fight verbally just right. So he is one of the reasons I'm in this mess. Had he not arrested him I would have then not been threatened with rape. And my husband of name would be protecting me just fine. It's all his fault.

"So you are well aware that I'm a married woman. Let me go. I- I cannot get caught by them. And I won't bother you," I try to get out of his bruising grip.

"Oh, but I want to bother you, sweetheart. Also, I'm sure that old fucker cannot even keep it up for 3 seconds." He scoffs and runs the barrel from my waist to the side of my breast. I shudder as he brings it down to the side of my hips, still against me. Why the hell I'm aroused in this absurd situation? I'm a complete mess.

This doesn't make sense. Him showing up out of nowhere doesn't make sense.

And all these unwanted feelings are messing with my head. I need a cold shower.

My cheeks turn red, "Just because we have history, doesn't mean you can say anything about my man." He sneered at the comment.

I said my man because I want him to hate me. I want him to loathe me to the point that he moves on with a new girl. I hate myself for feeling a pang of jealousy at the thought that he might already have someone but I'd hate myself more for keeping him tied to me. I know it's stupid but I cannot allow him to catch even a damn clue about my lingering feelings for him.

He's getting on my nerves now and I need to do everything beyond and possible to get the fuck out of here.

He gets behind me and presses his front against my ass all the while keeping his barrel pressed against my waist ensuring I'm aware of who holds the power. He's so big and warm just like I remember. It's summer so all this warmth is making me sweaty. His knuckles measure the length of my arm seductively. My body shouldn't react this way and I cannot help the goosebumps rising on my skin shamelessly and the way his touch feels, I might end up moaning his name.

Good Lord, I have been abstaining from sex for the past 5 years so I guess I would have reacted this way to anyone.

"Oh yeah? Your man? And here I thought you were my girl."

"I was your girl 5 years back, now..." My words got lost when his fingers trace my collarbone, his pelvis grinding against my ass. Oh my God, this is so inappropriate. The ring on my finger serves as a reminder that I'm married.

"Now what?" I shine my diamond ring in the dim moonlight.

He clenches his jaw and releases me with a shove as if I'm something filthy, someone unworthy of him. Maybe I'm. After what I have done I undoubtedly deserve that.

Sage Peterson's POV:

Her man? I will fucking burn his man alive in front of her eyes and force her to watch every second of it. Her betrayal has a price that she must pay. Even though it's summer she is shivering so bad. It's probably fear. And I hate myself for worrying about her even after everything she's done, even after how she has shattered my heart.

I fucking loathe myself for still thinking she's the most beautiful angel to have walked on his planet. Her beauty seizes every moment, making even breathing feel wrong. Her feminine and delicate features are highlighted in the moonlight, making me want to get drunk on her.

I want to punch myself for missing her. Her presence, her voice, her shining gaze, every fucking thing about her.

And I need to take her somewhere safe because the LAPD is filled with mafia rats. Even if I lock her up, it won't keep her safe as most say, it would rather be a direct offer to her family to take her. I have my ride parked near this place only.

And how did I find her?

Those glittering heels were hard to miss.

I clear my throat and before my anger gets the better of me, we should leave. I grab her wrist and handcuff it with mine. Her eyes widen as she tries to contemplate what is happening. I start walking towards my car and that's when I hear her sniffle.

"What is it?" I ask irritated, clearly done for the day.

"I- can't. I don't wanna go back to the life." She says biting her dry lips and following me with a limp foot.

"Too bad you don't have a choice," I pick her up bridal style. Once upon a time, I believed her softness was perfect to my hardness, but not anymore. Now I just hate everything about her. 

Thank you, sweethearts, for reading this far! Please comment and share as it helps me write faster and better! The next chapter will be up next Wednesday depending on the comments and feedback, I receive!

© [2024] Slayyslvt. All Rights Reserved.