02 - Bad Blood

02 - Bad Blood

U N E D I T E D

"The decision is mine for the choosin',
but I can't understand what i'm losin',
Cause I been this way, it's not a new thing"

— The Beautiful & Damned by G-eazy

"Can you stop?"

"Well hello to you too Ren."

Rensuke rolled his eyes at the sarcastic response of his sister but at the same time understanding that she probably didn't know what he was here for since he decided to suddenly just drop by.

"Julian. Stop talking to him."

He sees his sister purse her lips, looking at him and seemingly thinking of an answer— probably not expecting that to be the topic of conversation.

"Why? I like him."

Rensuke couldn't help but roll his eyes again. He knew his sister better than that. While she was often good at hiding the truth, she was however terrible at lying on the spot. She did mention beforehand that lies were something she had to practice and think of— they weren't something she could say on the spot.

And other than that...

"You don't like guys younger than you."

"You don't know that." The older firmly replied, making the younger deadpan.

"Nee-san, I know what you're doing. Julian didn't tell me, I accidentally saw it."

Rensuke observed as his sister looked away, probably not wanting to answer and be confronted right now. He does regret his chosen time and location a little bit. After all, he was disturbing her while at work.

"Just stop talking to Julian. You don't need to know everything about me, i'm no longer a kid."

"I know that. I'm just worried about you Ren."

"I can handle myself just fine, you know that."

"You barely talk about anything now. No updates, no nothings. Even Rina's getting worried about you."

Rensuke pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. He certainly knew about how his younger sister had been feeling and it being used against him did nothing to help that. He felt bad yet at the same time, he couldn't have it in himself to do something about it. He loves his sisters, he really does but he also admits that they were no longer in the forefront of his mind like before.

That doesn't mean he could care less about them. Far from it. He cares about them but at the same time, he wants them to stop caring about him. To stop asking and wondering about the happenings in his life. He knew it was unfair but for him, it was better that way.

"That still doesn't give you a right to ask about me behind my back!" Rensuke angrily whispered. The least he could do for her right now is not make a scene in her workplace so he didn't raise his voice.

He was angry but that didn't give him a right to possibly embarrass his sister in public. That's the last thing he wants any of his sister to experience.

"Look Ren, the only way I'd stop asking Julian about it is if you at least give us something to work with. Just something! You can say you're fine, you're tired or whatever. Just something, Ren." Y/n practically begged.