2

*beep beep*

I heard agressive honking from outside. Brie was here to pick me up for school. She took it upon herself to drive me around wherever I wanted to go. (Even though I only wanted to go to school and back)

I grabbed my bag and my keys, kissed Avery, who was still enjoying her breakfast, on the top of her head and yelled out a goodbye.

I walked to the silver Toyota corolla which was decorated with stickers and fake plants on the inside and opened the passenger door.

"Morning babes!" Brie greeted me like usual and gave me a cup of coffee just the way she knew I liked it.

"Good morning Brie. Thanks for the ride...and coffee." I was truly very thankful for Brie. My first week back to school was absolute hell.

I felt like everyone was staring at me (not in a good way) and that I was being pitied. One thing I hate even more than change is pity.

If it wasn't for Brie I would've turned around and ran away from the school, the town, even the state as fast as I could.

We sat in silence as the car started, Brie put on some music to fill the silence. Starboy by the Weeknd played in the car as we drove to our highschool.

Today was Monday. Mondays weren't relatively bad days even though it was the first day of the week.

On Monday I had Photography. I loved Photography, it was my passion. I always wanted to have a gallery in New York where I could show my pictures to the most sophisticated people all around the world. I wanted to be a fashion photographer for huge brands like Vivienne Westwood or Chanel.

I also happened to like my Photography class because coincidentally my twin's best friend, Jayden also takes it.

I don't really know how to feel about Jayden. I mean I know I have a huge crush on her but I also know we will never happen. She's just so cool and alternative, she just doesn't care what anyone has to say about her. She also shares my dream of moving to New York.

Kiara and I met Jayden when we were 6 years old. She was on the same dance team as me and I befriended her instantly. However, over the years Kiara kind of pushed me out of the friendship and took over.

She means no harm when she does that (and she does it often), she can't really help it. She's just naturally charismatic and demands attention.

And I'm okay with it...most of the time. This specific time, it's killing me. I really want to spend more time with Jayden but then my sister guilt kicks in and I just can't trample over my twins emotions like that.

So I try my best to admire Jayden from far away. Brie likes to tease me about it but it's whatever. I'm used to it by know.

"So...anything exciting happening today?" Brie tried to start a conversation which proved to be very hard with my usual one-word answers.

"Not really. Just another day." I wanted to be like my old self. Before everything happened I was very chatty around my best friend. We were able to talk about nothing for hours. Now it's hard to hold up a simple conversation with me.

"....What about you Brie?" She asked in a voice that mimicked mine.

"Well thank you for asking Maeve. Today is the day of the auditions for this semester's school play. I really really want to get a good part." Brie answered her own question which got a tiny smile out of me.

Lately she's been the only one to manage that.

"You're amazing. You'll get the best part, I'm sure of it." I put her nerves at ease and had a sip of my coffee.