Day 3 [chocolate]

Prompt fill: chocolate
Romantic pairing
Sharky x Kenny

"This is gonna be such a mess!" Kenny laughed. He was standing over a bowl of strawberries, separating the greens from the red part and spearing them on little wooden skewers.

"True, but it's gonna be worth it, you'll see." Sharky replied excitedly. He had just finished placing multiple bars of chocolate on a baking tray and pushing it in the oven.

He had been seeing these trends all over tiktok, people making their own chocolate bar flavors, and he had desperately wanted to try it out.

And what other day to do that, if not on the lazy couch date night, he and his boyfriend made a point of making time for.

The chocolate covered strawberries had been Kenny's idea, but seriously, it was such a good one, they just had to do it.

Or it had at least sounded all fancy and romantic, but the actual prepping part took forever, and the stupid chocolate wouldn't melt in the water bath.

"How's it coming along?" Kenny asked from where he had almost completed his task.

Sharky poked the hard chocolate with a spoon. "It won't melt, but I've done everything right! I put the chocolate in the one bowl and the water in the other, and then I placed the first bowl into the water bowl one, but nothing is happening!"

"That's weird." Kenny abandoned his cutting board to peek over Sharky's shoulder and then to poke the chocolate as well.

After a few seconds, he started laughing, "Babe." He nudged Sharky with his elbow. "Maybe try heating up the water that's supposed to melt the chocolate with its heat!"

"Oh my days!" Sharky groaned in annoyance. "How am I even allowed in the kitchen."

Kenny snickered, moving back to the strawberries. "Trust me, that's not the first time someone asked that question about you."

"Heeey. I can make fun of my cooking skills, you're supposed to be the supportive boyfriend and tell me I'm great no matter what." Sharky pouted, but that only made Kenny laugh more.

"A-ha, it's working. I'm actually the best at this, never doubt me again." The chocolate was quickly melting in the water bath and Sharky moved the bowl over to where Kenny was waiting with the strawberries. 

Together, they started to carefully dip the fruits into the chocolate and then setting them down on a tray with a  baking sheet on it.

"I'm actually so excited!" Kenny grinned. He hadn't ever really eaten anything chocolate covered before, and as soon as his boyfriend had brought the idea of melting chocolate bars and putting random other things on top up, he hadn't been able to not ask if they could coat some fruits as well.

Naturally, gone on him as Sharky was, he didn't even stop to think about the resounding mess, too outraged at the idea, that his boyfriend didn't know the pleasures of chocolate covered strawberries and agreed.

Kenny side-glanced carefully, only to find that Sharky was already looking at him, smiling softly. As soon as he noticed Kenny was looking at him, his smile widened and he leaned forward to press a kiss to his cheek.

"You're adorable." Sharky took the tray and put it in the freezer, laughing at the offended squak.

"I'm very manly and tough, how dare you!" He spluttered.

"Sure you are."

"I am! Ask literally anyone!"

"M-hm."

"Sharks!"

Sharky pretended he didn't hear as he turned to the oven and pulled out the tray with the melted chocolate bars and set it on the counter.

"Are you gonna help me decorate that with oreo chunks, tiny marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles, or are you too manly and tough for that as well?" He asked in a mocking, slightly babyish voice.

Kenny crossed his arms in front of his chest. "There's nothing immasculating about liking tiny marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles, so of course I will."

And then added under his breath, "it also looks very pretty, and it's your own fault if you can't see that."

Sharky broke out into laughter at that, squeezing his boyfriends bicep in apology and pressing a few more kisses on his clean shaven cheek.

"Stop being so cute, it makes me wanna jump you and we haven't even chosen a movie yet."

Kenny grabbed a handful of the marshmallows and spread them out over a part of the chocolate. "Pause!", he added, shaking his head in fake disappointment.

"It ain't pause if it's true." Sharky said seriously. Kenny raised his head and stared at his boyfriend for a few seconds before they both broke out laughing.

After arranging the rest of the extra decorations, Kenny put the tray next to the starberries in the freezer.

"How long are we gonna wait til it's hard?" Kenny turned back to Sharky and started wiping down the counter surface.

"Not very long when you keep looking like that." Sharky replied with a sultry glance, placing both his hands on the counter and leaning forward, purposefully overdoing the seducing look.

Kenny opened his mouth, but before he could get a word out, his boyfriend moved back, putting his hands up, and repeated, "It ain't pause if it's true!"

Sharky snorted at Kenny's 'are you serious'-face and quickly ran off into the living room, throwing himself on the couch and claiming the remote.

"What do you wanna watch?" He called out, and scooted a bit to the side to make room for his boyfriend. 

"Dunno, something funny and romantic?" He answered.

"Ah yes, that narrows it down immensely." Sharky nodded and dodged Kenny when he tried to poke him in the side.

"Fine then, what do you wanna watch?" Kenny pouted.

His boyfriend smiled softly, "Well, taking what you want into consideration, how about 'love actually?'"

Kenny took a moment to consider before agreeing. Sharky pulled the movie up and moved off the couch.

"You'll get the blankets and I'll get the strawberries."

"Are they gonna be done, already?" Kenny asked sceptical, already leaning over the couch, grabbing blankets and extra pillows.

"It's been around ten minutes, and they're in the freezer. I don't think they'll take much longer. And then after we're done with the strawberries the other tray will be ready."

He walked back into the kitchen, and after testing if the chocolate had hardend already, took the strawberries out and brought them into the living room.

Setting them down on the table he asked, "Are we gonna be feeding them to each other, romantic styles?"

Kenny looked at him for a moment before raising a brow, "I'd rather feed you something else."

Sharkys mouth fell open in disbelief, staring at his boyfriend speechless.

"What? It ain't pause if it's true."

~ the end

[1123 words]

[That pairing was requested, but I don't really write for it, so it took forever. It was kinda challenging to write for smth I'm not feeling 100% so I hope I could do it at least some justice. Not sure if I'll do it again since it really takes some time, but ig requesting doesn't hurt lol]