Day 5 [gifts]

Prompt fill: gifts
Romantic pairing
Niko x Aj

Niko couldn't contain his giddiness. He had planned this for months now, and he hoped Aj liked it.

They had been very busy the last couple of weeks, and Niko thought their anniversary would be the perfect opportunity to surprise his boyfriend with a short vacation. 

He had packed both of their bags already and booked the plane ticket. All that was left was convincing Aj to put on a blindfold for the next 2-3 hours so he wouldn't know where Niko planned on taking him.

"Niko, I'm home!" Aj's voice rang out. Niko quickly took Aj's suitcase and started carrying it downstairs.

When he got to the foyer, he saw Aj inspecting his bag, which he had carried down earlier. "Are you going somewhere?", his boyfriend asked confused.

"We are going somewhere!" Niko grinned, putting Aj's suitcase down next to his and pulling his boyfriend in a kiss.

"To film?" Aj frowned, "our anniversary is tomorrow. I thought it could be just us."

Niko leaned down, capturing Aj's face in his hands and kissing the pout right off his lips. "I know, which is why this is a surprise. I'm taking you on holiday!"

His boyfriend looked up excited, "Really? Oh my god, it has been so long since we went! Where're we going?" Aj grabbed Niko's shoulders and bounced up and down on his toes.

Niko laughed with him, holding him close in his arms and kissing his forhead. "It's a surprise. But we are flying, so I might need you to put on a blindfold and headphones for a bit?"

Aj bit his lip, looking up at the taller man. "For a long time?"

Niko started swaying them back and forth a bit, knowing how much Aj hated not knowing where he was and where he was going. He smiled down at his lover, "Only from the airport til the landing. But you don't have to, if it makes you uncomfortable, darling."

Aj shook his head, "No, you wanted it to be a surprise, it'll be a surprise. Just - you'll stay close, yeah?"

"Of course! Imma be holding your hand the whole time, promise." Niko looked into Aj's eyes and stroked his fingers over his back. "Come on, let's get going!", he whispered enthusiastically. 

Aj's grin was back on his face and he turned towards the door, grabbing his suitcase.

Niko laughed and grabbed his own bag. Together, they walked up to the car and put their stuff in the trunk.

Aj was practically bouncing in the passenger seat, barely containing his excitement. Niko stole glances at him over the entirety of their drive to the airport, heart doing flicflacs in his chest.

God, he was nervous. As it turned out, keeping secrets from Aj was incredibly hard, not because his boyfriend was so noisy- or well, not only because his boyfriend was so noisy, but also because Niko loved telling Aj new things. Especially new things that made him smile this big and act that carefree.

Arriving at the airport, Niko parked the car, and together, they walked into the entry hall. Putting their bags on the floor for a moment, Niko pulled out a blindfold and headphones. "You don't have to, you know that, right?"

Aj grinned slightly nervous back. "I know, but I wanna. You'll be there." He looked up at Niko, looking for confirmation in his boyfriends face.

"I won't ever leave." Niko kissed Aj one last time before carefully placing the blindfold over his eyes and letting Aj put the headphones on.