The Alter

The walls of this room are painted black and large dark drapes cover the windows. The only light provided is from flickering candles arranged in the corners and on the counter that is next to you. Tiles of those same strange ruins litter the table as if a ritual had only just taken place, the glisten water, or at least what you assume to be water is still wet, indicating that whomever was here has only just stepped out. You look down at yourself, wearing the same robe you had put on before entering the tub. Now slightly wet, it clings to the curves of your body, naked underneath. You have no idea how you got here or where you are, but the anticipation you had felt prior to dozing off has become even more volatile. 

You try to sit up to examine more of this chamber you have found yourself in. However, when you attempt to sit up a pressure keeps you in place. You gasp, starting to feel fear replace comfort. Yet just as you feel anxiety begin bubbling, the weight that was keeping you in place softens, as you hear a voice in your head "I see you have awakened. I sincerely hope that you are not afraid. I think you know you belong here and it is time to begin your induction. We seek to provide only pleasure, of which I am sure you have anticipated even if you were not yet aware." 

The voice which began as an echo in your head, that same voice you had first heard, like dripping honey, becomes clearer as it continues. You notice the voice is no longer just an echo in your mind, but a physical someone talking. The gentle yet firm grasp continues to keep you in place, against the stone table in the center of this dimly lit chamber. You can feel your heartbeat, and your skin begin to shiver, as goosebumps erupt across your flesh as you sense another presence aside from your own. You see slight movement out of the corner of your field of vision and then a figure is in front of you. 

Your stomach lurches, with fear or with excitement you can't be sure. The figure that stands over you is shrouded in a black hooded cloak; however, he remains shirtless beneath, allowing you to catch a fleeting look at the body of this creature. They appear to be human, black paint mixed with sweat trickling across the mounds of his sinewy abdomen. The rest of his body covered in black clothing aside from his face. A white mask adorns the upper half of his countenance, with 6 slits for eyes, allowing only a view of the mouth, also dripping with black paint mixed with what appears to be saliva. 

The mouth turns into a half smile, and that honey voice speaks again, but this time, you see the mouth move and hear the words directly from it. "Are you ready to embark on your pilgrimage? I hope you don't mind that I brought a very eager member of the collective along. They were rather...persistent to be included."

You struggle against the force holding you, trying to turn and make out who the other figure is just out of your vision. A velvety chuckle arises from the throat of the masked man.

 "Now dear, don't be so impatient, when the time is right, I will release you from the binds, but first you must ascend. Before we continue, I would feel remiss if I did not introduce myself and my companion. I am called Vessel. You may refer to me as such when needed. My companion goes by iii. We are both here for you to take full advantage of as needed during your ascent to righteousness."