Chapter 6: Goodbyes and Fairwells

The eight friends started to lose hope about there being an exit at all as they paced down the corridor in silence. "Pomni, are you sure we're going the right way here?" an impatient Jax asked. Pomni nodded, continuing to guide Ragatha and the others back to the real world. "I swear if you've woken me up for nothing I'm going to kill you."

The silence spoke loud and clear. Everyone's minds were wandering through, their eyes struggling to take everything in as they sped down the hallway, except Pomni. Pomni was ecstatic! Not only would she be out of this fever dream, but she would remember who her parents and friends and family were! The thought of seeing them again kept Pomni going through the past month, it was one of the main reasons as to why she didn't abstract. "And we're here," she declared. Caine's jaw hit the floor as he stared at the portal in front of him. The atmosphere grew cold as all the cast members stared, mesmerized. 

The other side of the portal seemed to lead to another room just like the one they were in, but yet so different at the same time. "Well...," Kinger started, " I guess this is goodbye... It has truly been an honour to know all of you these past years."
 "Aw, Kinger, old man! Bring it in!" Jax declared, hugging the chess piece for the first time ever.
 "Group hug?" Gangle proposed, but before she even got an answer, she was enveloped in between the others. Smiles formed on all of their lips as tears were shed and fairwells were exchanged. 

Facing the exit, with newly discovered bravery, the group of tormented souls who had been stuck in The Amazing Digital Circus for years made their way through the portal; back to their real lives.