05. BACK FOR JUST A MOMENT

05: BACK FOR JUST A MOMENT

━━━━━━━

EUPHROSYNE stood next to Reaper, Dill and Felix being infront of them. Everyone was waiting, some more patient than others, for Coriolanus and Clemensia to return. When only Coriolanus came rushing out the car, quickly making his way towards Lucy Gray, Euphro raised her eyebrows. Where was Clemensia?

Her question was left unanswered when one of the peacekeepers signaled for them to move forward. Everyone quiet while doing so. Every person that entered got the pleasure of hearing a robotic voice say "Enjoy the show!" This earned a small scoff from the boy beside her. 

She heard a wave of coughing from Dill. The girl coughed in the crook of her elbow. Euphrosyne felt her heart drop a little at the sight.

As they entered the arena, Euphrosyne took a moment to take everything in. It was quite small and there were no hiding places. Well, that was certainly a problem. The arena was pitch black, it reminded her of the day her mother died. How she couldn't see a thing, how she kept tripping over rocks and corpses. There weren't any corpses to trip over this time. Atleast, not yet.

"Hey, you!" Festus called out to one of the cameramen. "Get that camera on her." He gestured towards Coral, who had a slight hint of annoyance in her face.

The annoyed look on her face made Euphro look at her own tribute. He had the same annoyed look. Furrowed eyebrows, flared nostrils and tense shoulders. She leaned a little closer to him to whisper something. "It's gonna be okay, I promise."

He gave her a smile, barely noticable, in return.

A loud bang was heard before light made it's way into the arena.

"Welcome to the arena for the 10th annual Hunger Games. Tributes, mentors, you have 15 minutes to survey the space and discuss strategy."

Reaper grabbed Dill's arm, pulling her closer towards him. "Dill, you stick by us, understand?"

Dill nodded before grabbing Euphro's hand. She was surprised by the sudden action, but smiled nontheless, giving her hand a squeez. 

Felix rolled his eyes, ready to make his way towards the other side of the arena probably, away from them. Euphrosyne however, had another plan in mind. She stook out her foot right when he was about to walk away, making him stumble to the ground.

She wasn't one for violence, but he had really pissed her off this time. Like she said before, there was nothing positive about the games. The least he could've done was atleast visit Dill, brought her some food or water, maybe. Instead, he decided to be an ignorant prick. Euphrosyne wasn't about to let him walk away without facing the consequences, president's son or not. 

Felix let out a startled noise as he fell, making all eyes turn on him. Euphrosyne bit the inside of her cheek, trying to prevent herself from laughing. Seems like she wasn't the only one who found it amusing. Many laughs and giggles were heard from, both mentors, and tributes. It was mostly tributes, though. Reaper didn't laugh, instead he had his arms crossed, a smug and satisfied look on his face.