Chapter 9

(Sigh... Here I am, getting y'all's hopes up despite not having watched the anime in years. But Goddamn it I logged into Wattpad and saw that people are STILL waiting for me. So fine. Okay. Let's do this 😤🤟)

Ciel walked the girl to a spare room, one he'd kept available for the years since they'd seen each other. The only guest to ever use it was Elizabeth, who'd long since stopped trying to garner his attention. She knew her Ciel's heart belonged to someone else. She'd stopped coming by about a year prior, having left a fair few of her dressed and things in hopes that they would remind her fiancé of her. Ciel did not grieve the loss of his cousin and fiancé, but... At least her guest room could now prove useful for (Y/N). He still couldn't believe it, despite the fact that he was looking right at her. And yet, in a way, it wasn't her. Yes, the girl before him looked and sounded like his first love, but she wasn't... Herself. This was odd and he disliked it, though perhaps Sebastian may know more. He'd seemed to know something back at the Undertaker's. Did he know all this time? And where the hell was that demon anyways? He would call for him later. For now, he was to tend to the girl at his side.

The maid outfit was ridiculous. He didn't care for something like this to be worn by a respectable young woman like (Y/N). And so, once he had the door closed, he let her go and walked to the closet. Some were far too pink and frilly for his taste, there were a few modest enough to be worn casually. As he shuffled through the closet, trying to find something for the girl to wear, he heard her sidle up behind him.

"The girl called you Master Ciel. This means you own this place, right? And the people here?" She asked, innocently, as though she wasn't entirely sure how this place worked. After all, she'd only just gotten here- And if she was as clueless to her situation as she seemed, she'd have no way of knowing the dynamic between the master and his servants. "And you said I'm not a maid, like her. So what am I...?"

The young man shook his head as he pulled down a simple but elegant gown from the rack. He turned to her, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "You... You're my friend. A guest at my manor. I suppose you could say I own them. They work for me."
"The tall one too? The one fighting with my Master?"
His eyebrows furrowed. So (Y/N) had met Sebastian. But when? And this 'Master' of hers, would that be the Undertaker? He had far too many questions about this situation, and none of them could be answered if (Y/N) didn't have a clue who she was. It was all rather infuriating the more he thought about it. "Yes, that would be correct. Sebastian is my butler."

She seemed content enough with that answer. It was then that she was handed the garment, and confusion dawned in her eyes. "What's this for?"
"So you're not parading around like an idiot. Then we have people to find and questions to ask."

He walked out of the closet and towards the door, ready to leave her to change. The calling of his name drew him back. "Wait... Before you go, could you help me with the back? I can't reach it..."

Ciel turned right back around. He looked almost horrified. Was she really asking what he thought she was...? He could tell the request was innocent in nature, but his cheeks still burned pink at the thought of undressing a woman. "I, ah... I can have Mey-Rin come to assist you."
The girl frowned. Ciel was right there, why would he have to get someone else to do it?
Of course, he could hardly stand to see her look upset. So... With a deep sigh, he stepped forwards and commanded that she turn around. She followed the command obediently and his nimble fingers found the ribbon tied at the back of the offending dress. It came untied in his hands easily, and soon fell away to reveal her back.

Before he could see anything that would damage her honour, he turned away to hide his eyes from her body. "I'll be outside when you're ready. Please join me when you can."
And with that, the door clicked shut.

(Y/N) slipped off the dress and laid it neatly on the bed before pulling the other on. It was, indeed, far more comfortable. As she dressed, she couldn't help but think.
Why did that boy seem familiar? And... why couldn't she remember anything beyond opening her eyes to be at this manor? Whenever she tried to think back her head began to throb. That boy, the servants- They'd all been nothing but kind, so why did she feel like something was missing? Her heart ached for her master, with regret for running from him the night before. Perhaps she could ask Ciel soon if he would be able to find him for her. Then, maybe they could all work together to figure out this strange new existence of hers... And why everyone seemed to know her, and yet she didn't recognize any of them.

She opened the door, seeing the master of the house leaning against a banister. His gaze lit up momentarily when he saw her, despite his frown not budging an inch. "Good, you're ready. Come- I've called for that reaper to join us for morning tea. Then... We'll talk about whatever's going on with you." His voice was now relatively stern, though... almost forlorn.

Maybe everything would make more sense soon. For now the master's expression softened and he reached a hand towards the girl he'd missed so much. "...I shouldn't forget to tell you that you look lovely."

She grinned in return, taking his hand and allowing him to pull her close. "Thank you."

And the boy smiled.