Chapter Five

They sat together in a comfortable silence for nearly ten minutes more before Ciel and the Undertaker came back out. The two of them looked slightly angry, and the emotion was clarified when she was snatched harshly from Sebastian's grasp. In her surprise her claws stretched out and snagged on the butler's hand, leaving five deep scratches in it. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she immediately felt guilty. 

She wriggled out of Adrians hands and jumped up onto Sebastian's lap, running her rough tongue over the cuts. The salty taste of blood filled her mouth, but she refused to let him go without making sure he knew she was sorry. 'It wasn't on purpose, I promise.' She thought as she continued trying to stem the flow of blood. "(Y/N), you don't have to do that. I'll be fine, why don't you go back to the Undertaker?" He asked her, trying to push her off of him. Every time he would push her away she would find some way to get back to him. 

"She seems to like you quite a bit, Sebastian." Adrian commented when the butler's hand stopped bleeding. "It makes me a bit jealous, honestly. You're supposed to be my baby, (Y/N). Unless you'd rather live with a demon and his master." He cooed softly to her as she made her way back to him. She shook her head as she was scooped into his arms.

Ciel seemed eager to leave the dark rooms, but Sebastian lingered behind after he had left. "I'll come back soon to see you, (Y/N). She's a beautiful cat, Undertaker. You're lucky to have found her." He said with a soft smile before turning his gaze out the door. "I must be going, now. Ciel will be terribly upset if something happened because I was distracted by a cat." 

She looked up at Adrian with a pleading look in her eyes. "Adrian, please. Can't you see how much he's hurting? Sebastian is different somehow, and Ciel is so broken... We need to help them!" She exclaimed, though he didn't understand her. He rubbed her ears and smiled. "You're so cute, (Y/N). I'm not sure what I would do without you."

A pang of guilt flashed through her. 'Tonight I'll find my way to the manor. I'll wake him up and make him chase me all the way there. I can't leave him alone, but Ciel needs me. I'm not sure what I can do as a little cat, but I can certainly try to help.' She thought to herself. He brought her upstairs and set her on the bed, then sat down beside her. His fingers ran through his hair and  let out a sigh. He closed his bright green eyes then leaned back on his elbows.

"(Y/N), I should probably tell you about what's gone on these past five years. Things have changed a lot, it seems. There was a large crash in the economy while we were in her world, and when we got back Ciel was the only one to really have any money. He became very bitter during that time, I believe it was from loss. He withdrew himself from society for a while, and during that time his manor was ransacked by desperate common folk. He still works as the Queen's guard dog, though now the money he's paid is going towards building his status back up again. The crash was sudden but was resolved quite quickly, but many people were left in hard times. Alois Trancy, another noble, was able to keep his money, but nobody has seen him for a long time. Rumours suggest that he may be into paying for prostitutes, but nobody's sure at this point. His butler, Claude, has gone fully demonic and rampages every night overseas. Mass murders, homicides, and people's mysterious disappearances. He never really showed it, but I guess the sudden return to this world has been difficult for everyone. I'd probably get in trouble for telling you this if you actually understood me, but you're just a little kitty. I guess I just felt like I should tell someone about all this." He finished softly. She had made her way onto his lap, trying her best to bring him comfort.

'Alois, buying prostitutes? Claude, killing without remorse? Ciel is hard as a rock, and he's lost everything. Sebastian is lonely, and Adrian... His voice is so sad, what has he gone through?' She wondered sadly. A warm drowsiness overtook her and she welcomed it. If she was to make the journey to the manor that night, she would need her rest. 'I promise I'm not really leaving, Adrian. I know you need me, and I need your help. Please, follow me tonight...'