Chapter 8

I faintly hear my alarm blaring at me to arrise from my slumber, I debate snoozing it for the 3rd time, but picture how angry Toto would be with me if I turned up to qualifying late so I decide against it.

I look in the mirror dazed and half asleep confused as to where I actually am, and then I remember back to last night and the kiss me and Charles shared. I faintly smile before pulling myself towards the bathroom to hop into the shower. I am quick in the shower, aware of the time, I put on my team shirt and trousers before heading out the door whilst still putting the shirt on.

As I exit my room I'm greeted by Lando, Oscar and George who all simultaneously say “Morning M/N” , I smile a greet them back “Morning guys” whilst all of them head to the breakfast area to grab a snack to go, I however head straight to the team bus, as eating before or after races made feel sick for some reason.

I am sat in the team bus by myself when the silence is broken by Max popping his head into the bus, “Hey M/N how come you're not getting anything to eat” he asks obviously concerned. “I just prefer to not eat before races, because of nerves” my answer satisfied him and he quickly left.

After about 5 minutes of me just scrolling aimlessly on my phone my quietude is stopped by George entering the fan and sitting next to me.

“ So are you ready for quali today” he asks “Yep, I think so, how about you?”, “Yeah same, let's hope you and Charles don't have another incident today or tomorrow” I side eye him, “Listen here princess that was a one time mistake” he laughs and gasps in offence, as we are sitting there talking we begin to set off heading towards the track. The whole time I'm preoccupied by looking out the window at the wonderful streets of Monaco.

We have been driving for ages but in reality it's only 15 minutes when we arrive at the track we are handed our passes before we are directed towards our team garages. When I arrive the smell of rubber and exhaust fumes hits me in the face. I am greeted by Toto who said “M/N we need to speak in my office” . His tone is serious yet unreadable.

We enter his office in the team trailer, as begins to shout at me “LOOK WHEN I GAVE YOU A LECTURE LAST TIME ABOUT YOU AND MICK WHAT PART OF MY SPEECH DIDN'T SINK IN BECAUSE YOU WENT BACK TO YOUR HOTEL AND OFFERED HIM A PADDOCK PASS FOR QUALI AND THE GP TOMORROW, DO YOU WANT TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF”

One thing about me is I have a short temper and won't stand for anyone shouting at me so without thinking I shout back trying to be louder:

“MICK IS MY FRIEND JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE HISTORY OF DATING IT DOESN'T MEAN WE CANT BE FRIENDS WE ARE GROWN UPS AND QUITE FRANKLY IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT MY FRIENDS BEING HERE THEN TELL ME AND YOU WILL HAVE MY RESIGNATION”

He stands there shocked that I had just shouted at him.

After 2 minutes of awkward silence I excuse myself saying that I need to prepare so I head to my drivers room located in the back end of the garage as I walk to my drivers room I bump into Charles. We stand silence just gazing into each other's eyes

“Hey” I sigh “Hey” he says back, “how are you?” I ask “I'm really good, I just wanted to say last night I don't regret it at all and I really enjoyed it, and I can't stop thinking about you” I laugh at how cute he is when he is flustered “you know you're really cute when your flustered” I smile as I squish his cheek he pushes my hand away and tells me to stop babying him. We continue talking before Daniel comes over “sup love birds” I shoot him and Charles a confused look and say “what are you on about?” He looks to Charles before turning to me and says “well you guys went on a date yesterday and before you deny it Charles said he wanted it to be a date and M/N came back super happy and smiling which I have never seen before” me and Charles both know have been caught out so I swiftly excuse myself . And continue to make my way to my drivers room when I reach my room and open the door I am greeted by Mick who had clearly been waiting for me.