Choice (Chapter 1)

TW: Running away?, mention of abuse, let me know if I missed any

Wilbur's life wasn't easy and that was obvious by taking one look at the small pale boy. He looked like a walking skeleton, he had bruises all over his body and the amount of scars on his body was too much to count. He was thrown around houses and all of them were unsurprisingly horrible. It wasn't even a surprise if he was brought back the very next week after being fostered into a family or being found by police on the streets from attempting to run away.

One thing that was obvious was that Wilbur was unwanted everywhere he went. The kids and the staff hated him, when he would walk outside people would give him dirty looks and the homes he was put into didn't make it easier, they only made his life more hell than it already was. They would hit him, yell at him for no reason at all, didn't let him eat one if he was good then they would give him dinner, they would neglect him, they would force drugs, alcohol, vape, cigarettes and so any more substances on him and when he refused they would beat him and lock him inside of the small closet in his 'Room' which was usually just a small room in the attic. Eret was the only one who actually cared about him the entire time he was in that damn system.

Each time he would attempt to run away he was always found by the police late at night and he would wait at the station until his social worker Eret came to pick him up. The walls, cells, rooms, hell , even the floor became too familiar from the amount of times that he had been brought there. Wilbur had never been told off by the police all the times he was there and was only taken down to a room where he could wait.

Wilbur sat with his leg bouncing anxiously until he was pushed out of his thoughts by knocking on the door. He looked over and saw Officer Sam standing at the door "Erets here" Wilbur nodded before going to walk with Sam to where Eret was. Wilbur Walked to the front lobby where Eret was talking to one of the officers. He walked towards Eret and as soon as She saw him he said his thanks for bringing Wilbur there before walking to the car with Wilbut following behind them.

They got into Erets car and buckled in but Eret didn't start driving instead she turned towards Wilbur. "Wilbur please, why did you run away again, were they bad? '' Wilbur turned to the window "they're always bad, I just left before they did anything". Eret sighed, he knew that not all foster parents are great, but they were really running out of choices. "Wilbur I know that you don't like the places you're put into but you know that we're running out of houses for you to go" Wilbur didn't respond and only looked away. Eret sighed, "Look Wilbur I know that you have been in the system for a long time and you haven't had the best time but could you give the next house a chance" Eret looked at Wilbur with hopeful eyes but he kept ignoring them "He's a friend of mine, I promise that he's nice and he's also looking for another kid to foster''. "Another?" Wilbur looked back at Eret "Yeah, he fostered a lot of kids in the system and he already adopted 2 kids". Wilbur thought about it for a bit. other kids, Wilbur didn't have the best experience with other kids in foster homes because it didn't matter if they were older or younger because they were the same, the younger kids would blame him and get him in trouble by the people who were fostering him but the older ones would be worse, they would hit him, blame him, push him down the series and just anything to get him in trouble either of them would end up good. "Think about it Wil, It's not an easy choice but if you refuse you know that we're really running out of places" Wilbur was thankful for that but did he really wanna go with this guy, he really didn't know at this point but he know if he doesn't he'll just get put back one one of those damn abusive homes, is this guy really differ-, his thoughts was cut off by Eret "you can look through his file when we get back" Wilbur looked at Eret again and nodded then Eret starts the car and starts driving.

~Time skip to when they got back brought to you by my lack of ideas~

Wilbur sat in his room and how glad he was that he gets the room to himself because the kids here would usually share with up to 3 kids but wilburs room was small and it didn't have much in it, only a small twin size bed in the corner, a small desk, a closet that has very few clothes inside and he didn't own much either, the only things he had was a book that he had read many times, his notebook, a hoodie, 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and a pair of earphones and a old phone that is heavily cracked but still works that were both given to him by Eret.

Wilbur sat on his bed listening to music before he heard knocking on his door, "Come in" Eret walks in. "Hey Wil, do you wanna look through the files now?" Wilbur nodded and Eret smiled at him before walking out of the room. A few minutes later Eret comes back with a quite a few files and comes over to sit next to wilbur on his bed. Wilbur turns off spotify and takes off his earphone and puts him on his desk then goes to sit next to Eret. Wilbur was confused "why are there so many I thought you were only getting your friends" Eret smiled at him "Well these are the files on the other kids he fostered but this one is his" Eret picked up a file from the pile and handed it to wilbur.

"Philza Watson'' Wilbur read the name on the file and looked through the file. He had this weird feeling in his stomach and he didn't know why but he ignored it.

They looked through most of the files for a couple hours, well more like Eret read them to him but still it wasn't like he wanted to, he was only doing this for Eret. "This kid is emma, she was placed her-" Eret looked up from the file he find a bored looking Wilbur and she chuckled before closing the file. "I think that's enough, so what do you think, do you wanna go?" Wilbur really didn't want to but how Eret talked about him he sound like the perfect parent. He knew that Eret wanted the best for him but could he really trust them, as much as he wanted to he just didn't believe it. "Okay" Erets face lit up, why did he say that, now there's now going back because he didn't wanna make Her sad. "Really, you want to go, Wilbur looked away " I guess, but if I don't like it you know that I'll run away again" Eret sighed but the smile is still on his lips "okay but I know that you will like it there, Phil's really nice and he will help you" Wilbur didn't believe it but nodded and Eret just smiled, " Can I hug you Wil?" He nodded and Eret wrapped their arm around the smaller boy. Eret hugs are the warmest touch that he had even received, it held so many emotions love, care, protection, warmth, softness and Wilbur could never bring himself to refuse, but he loved it that she would always ask before doing it and it didn't matter how many times Wilbur would say yes, Eret would always keep doing it and Wilbur was so grateful that he had her.

They stayed in the hug for a couple minutes before Wilbur pulled away and Eret let go still having the same bright smile on their face. "It's getting pretty late now so why don't you get some sleep now" Wilbur smiled and nodded "I'll go and contact Phil now and get the papers, if you need me you know where to find me" Eret took the files into her arms and stood up from the bed "Goodnight Wilbur" Wilbur smiled "Goodnight Eret" and he walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

He walks back into his room grabbing his phone and earphones and goes on in his bed but he doesn't sleep. His mind was full of thoughts about what could happen but was Phil really how Eret says he is, is he really different? Wilburs head was starting to hurt slightly so he opened spotify and played the first playlist that he liked and shut his eyes. His thoughts became more quiet and he soon felt more tired, his thoughts can wait until tomorrow, right now he was going to get his rest and go to sleep.

A/N: Hello guys, first chapter is finally done I hoped that its wasn't that bad and sorry if there is any grammar mistakes feel free to tell me, I love you guys so much take care bye♡

Words: 1586