The Fairy Queen

First Chapter :3(3rd person)
.
.
.
.
.
A loud sigh comes from the bed by the wall, a man with brunette hair and ram horns lying on his back, his hands dragging down his face. He stares at the ceiling as he drops his hands to his side, "...I need a drink." He sits up and takes a deep breath before standing up. He stretches and walks over to the door, grabbing his coat off the hook on the wall. He opens the door and walks outside, turning and locking it before walking on the path towards the pub. He crosses 2 bridges before seeing it in the distance, The Fairy Queen. The most popular pub - The only Pub in the area...

It was a stump from a very massive tree. The first owners told the story about how the gods knocked down the tree in a war. Obviously, most people didn't believe it, but it was a cool vision. The current owner is the child of the first owners, so the pub hasn't been around long, but that doesn't make the drinks any less enjoyable.

As Koii, the brunette man, walks up to the door, a bell rings, catching the attention of a white-haired person behind the bar. "Welcome in! Have a seat wherever!" Koii smiles and walks up to the bar, sitting down on a stool and leaning on the bar, "Hey." The person behind the bar freezes before slowly turning around, "....ugh...Hi.." He stares at the masked person behind the bar, "... Can I get a drink now?" Shy rolls her eyes beneath the mask, "Sure...The regular?" She turns around and picks up a glass, turning her head to him, "Yeah." She picks up a bottle and pours it down the side of the metal cup before placing it down. She grabs another bottle and pours a little bit into the cup. She grabs a glass, scoops up ice with it, and places it on the bar in front of him. He stares at the cup and then glances at her as she shakes the other cup with the drink in it before stopping and pouring the drink into his cup.

"Enjoy." She turns away from him and begins cleaning the cup she shook the drink in, her ear flicking as he picks up the cup and takes a sip. He stares at the drink for a second before chugging the rest of the drink and placing the drink back on the bar. She passes him another as the bell rings again. A few people walk in and sit at a table near the back. Suddenly, there's a noise, and some purple particles appear. As they clear, there's a tall figure standing by the table, "Hello Darlings, What can I get you for tonight?" They all look up at the tall figure and begin talking, ordering different drinks as the figure writes on a paper before turning around and walking toward the bar. Koii watches as the figure walks behind the bar, "Can you not stare." Koii blinks as Eden looks away, "Sorry." He looks down at the drink in front of him, "Hey...uh. "

He looks up at the voice, "Hm?" Shy glances behind her at Eden, they nod as she looks back, "Uh...I was...uh.." Her face gets hot underneath the mask, "....Uh wondering...if you were...free-" As she goes to ask, the bell rings, and an excited Evan walks in, "Dad Are you busy right now? I found this cool place-" He continues as Koii turns to him and away from Shy, She stares at the back of his head as a hand is placed on her shoulder, "It's alright darling....Maybe next time!" She hears Eden laugh a bit as her eye twitches, She watches as Koii places 4 coins on the bar and is dragged out of the place.
She immediately slams her head on the bar, catching the attention of most of the people inside the room. "Darling, I would love for you to help with these drinks..."

Shy groans and lifts her head, turning around to Eden and grabbing the metal cup. She looks at one of the papers and grabs a bottle, repeating what she did with Koii's drink and pouring a few things into the cup before shaking it. She puts ice in the glass and pours in the liquid from the metal cup. She pushes the drink over to Eden before starting the next one. After a while of serving drinks, most of the people leave, "Have a nice night, Darling!" Eden waves off the last person before turning the open sign to closed. The bar goes silent for a few minutes before Shy collapses behind the bar, "....Uggghhhhh Eden!" Shy groans and takes her mask off, tossing it onto the trapdoor in the corner. "Uh huh.." They walk behind the bar and lean on the wall, "That kid couldn't have had worse timing."

"Ugghh....it's not his fault....I should've just said it, but..." She takes a second to think, "But...I don't know...I got distracted.." Eden raises a brow before crouching down, "Got distracted by what?" Shy looks away as her face goes red, "uh...his... eyes are...ugghh! Eden, I don't know! He's pretty! I couldn't!" Eden blinks before sighing, "Well, there's always tomorrow, Darling...he comes here almost every day..." They place their hand on her head, ruffling her hair before smiling, "Yeah...I guess you're right..."

>Pov Switch<

"Dad! Come on, there's a cool spot here!" Evan runs ahead over the hill as the moon rises higher, "Hey kid, slow down!" Evan stops and looks over at Koii, "Oh uh sorry!" Koii catches up and sighs, "It's fine...uh what did you want to show me?" Evan gives a small smile and turns around, "It's just over there..." He points over to a hill in front of them, a cave entrance on the side of it, "..the cave?" Evan nods and begins walking in that direction, Koii following slowly behind them. As they reach the cave, Evan peeks inside, a big smile on his face as he disappears into the cave. Koii blinks before peeking inside nervously, "Isn't this cool!?" He looks around the cave, "Holy shit..."

He looks around at the purple crystals on the walls, "How did you find this?" He steps into the geode and a twinkle noise comes from under his shoe, making him look down. The floors, walls, and ceiling are covered in Amethyst crystals. "I was just exploring and saw the cave, I didn't think it'd be this cool!" Evan sits down on the floor and smiles as he picks up some fallen crystals, "It is cool..." Koii stares at the ground before sighing and sitting near Evan, "Good find kid." He ruffles Evan's hair as they smile, "I'm gonna take some, I'll give some to Shy and-" As they continue talking Koii starts thinking about earlier.

What did Shy want to ask...?

----------
the violent urge to rewrite the story finally won 😭

1774 words