Chapter 2 - The Girl With The Guitar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I slept through the entire ride, surprisingly. But I wasn't home. At our new one, at least. I was in the same clothes I had wore the previous night, and my mouth tasted like shit. 

Oh, you're still here? My bad, you probably don't know anything that's going on. My name's Rowan Sukan, I'm turning fifteen in about a couple of weeks. 

My father was a large businessman, and when he heard of more opportunities down south, he decided to move immediately. We didn't really get a say, but, it is what it is. 

The only thing that would be an issue was my school, and after we moved, the nearest would be forty-five minutes away by bus. I'd never gone that far to go to school before, my last school was only fifteen minutes away.

I don't remember the events after we moved. I don't remember anything, really. All I know now is that... I'm in a school office with both my parents. Wait, what?

"Yes, and seeing your child's grades I believe he'd be a great addition to Shuka High School. We'd be more than happy to call Rowan our student!" 

I jumped from my seat upon hearing the loud voice. "H-huh?!"

I looked up to see who the loud voice belonged to. A gray haired man, by the looks of it maybe in his 60s, reached his hand out to shake mine. I stared at his hand sleepily, nodding off. 

The old man chuckled heartily, his glasses glistening. 

"Oh, tired, is he?"

Yeah I'm tired, I don't wanna be here. 

"I understand moving can be a bit of a challenge for families, especially for the kids. However you'll find that it'll be very easy to adjust. Oh, and just in time, let me give you your schedule and you can move right along." 

My schedule? I don't even know what this school looks like, how the hell am I sup-

A crumpled piece of paper was shoved into my hands. 

"W-wait, what a-"

Without any warning I was hurriedly rushed out of the office room by a teacher. 

 "Room 541 is your first class. Go, hurry along. You can't waste any time on your first day."

"Wait but I didn't even get a proper t-"

"Go, hurry!"

"Where's room 54-"

"GO!!"

Startled, I hurried along, looking down at the crumpled schedule paper every once in a while as I ran.  

Damn, so rude. Where the hell am I supposed to go?

I was pissed. Without any warning, I'm sent straight to school. And my parents didn't even ask for my opinion. I have no idea what I'm doing. Where the hell even am I? What did the old guy say this school was called? Shuka High?

Shuka High, huh?

As I continued to make my way down the halls, I realized something.

Shuka High was LOUD. 

I could clearly hear words said aloud, like, "Who is that?" and "Was he here before?"

Were they talking about me?