Chapter 2 Part 2 - The Girl With The Guitar

hi guys sorry if i hyped you up for a new chapter or anything like that i just felt like the last one was too long so i split it into two chapters, part 1 and 2. thanks lol. expect new chapter SOON.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitori Gotou, huh?

"Ms. Gotou, please raise your hand so Rowan can see where he needs to sit."

From the corner of my eye I spotted a hand slowly raise and tremble. It belonged to a girl in the back of the classroom, who, despite her possible attempts at isolation, stood out contrastingly.

Pink hair, pink tracksuit, and possible trombone case. Interesting.

"Higher, Ms. Gotou," the teacher called out to her. I felt a little bad for this Hitori. I could already see her hand well enough for me to walk over.

She raised her hand a bit higher and she had her eyes shut tight.

"H-here.." Her voice almost sounded like it was trembling. Everyone else looked back at her in silence. This class was ruthless.

I made my way over to the seat next to her and sat down.

We were completely isolated from everyone else.

Like, literally isolated.

We were three rows away from any other human interaction.

Three whole empty rows. Nobody around us.

...

For a bit we just sat in silence.

I wanted to say something.

Maybe a hey.

Or a hello.

I didn't want to come off as quiet. But I didn't want to appear annoying.

What do I do?

I noticed all she would do was take quick glances, then look away or hide her face for an extended period of time. She looked very shy, she was quiet too. She obviously didn't want to talk to me.

No, I NEEDED to say something. This girl was the only chance I'd have in combating crippling loneliness.

Good thing I read an article on how to start conversations last night! What was the first step? Ah yes, greetings.

I'm hopeless.

"Hey," my mouth cracked out. The words sounded like a broken record player and I immediately regret saying anything.

The pink haired girl looked up immediately, her face flushed extremely red.

She said nothing. For about a good thirty seconds.

"H-hi.." she finally whispered.

What the hell just happened?

I looked at her carefully and she looked away. She had an innocent look on her face but she was... scared. Is that normal? I could understand people being a bit nervous, but she looked scared. As in, terrified scared.

I forced myself to start something up.

"So, you're Hitori?"

It almost seemed as if she flinched when she turned to look at me. "Y-yeah," she mumbled.

That was a stupid question.

"I'm Rowan. I don't really know too much about this school, I came from up north, heh."