Chapter 2

It was already dusk when Y/n and his friends returned to the city. The trip back should have just taken an hour or so, but halfway into the ride, the car broke down in the middle of the road. They were stranded for about two and a half hours, so it was roughly around 8 P.M by the time they got back.

Since the ride took longer than expected, Mizuki started whining about how she was starving and that they should totally go to a KFC or something. She said it was to "build their bonds as friends!"

Jack, who wasn't one to be easily persuaded by her whims, told her she could just eat when she got home. Mizuki wasn't about to take no for an answer, though. She threatened to spread the video of his outburst while he attempted to fix the car.

It didn't help that Y/n was gassing up the red-haired girl with her antics as well, so Jack was forced to drive to the nearest KFC.

So, there they were with their respective meals at a table in the corner of the fast food chain. Y/n's order was two pieces of chicken with rice and a large popcorn chicken with a side of fries. He also got a double fillet combo and a large coke.

"That's a lot of food in one sitting... and it's too greasy, blegh," Mizuki remarked while fake gagging, and Jack nodded in agreement. Her meal was so much better, in her opinion.

"Nah, this is normal," Y/n brushed off her comment.

Speaking of her meal, if it can even be called that, it consisted of a chocolate sundae, three brownies, an iced tea, three donuts they bought from a nearby Krispy Kreme, and a glass of water (in case the sweetness gets overbearing.) There was zero nutritional value. If diabetes ever had a physical manifestation, her meal was it.

Jack bought a piece of chicken with rice as his main dish and ordered a large coleslaw and mushroom soup for his sides. His drink was water. Only water. These heathens with him were the definition of unhealthiness.

Why did I even let them have their way? Jack thought with a sigh while eyeing both of his friends. Honestly, he just wanted to go home and study now.

Since there was no use in sulking about it, he decided to finally start eating after he muttered "thanks for the food" under his breath. Before he could fully reach for his chicken, Mizuki suddenly slapped his hand, surprising him.

"What was that for?!" Jack asked Mizuki, angry at what she just did.

"Shush, you," Mizuki made a shushing motion, "Don't move the food yet. Let me take a picture."

"Picture? Why the hell would you need that?" Jack told her, "Can't you just eat normally?"

He honestly didn't see the point in taking a picture. It's not like she could eat the food through her phone's screen in the future. And what she did was rude.

"For my social media, duh!" Mizuki told Jack, "You can't be that oblivious," she then took several pictures of their food after arranging them aesthetically, hitting a pose here and there. It was mostly her with a peace sign, winking, and puckering her lips towards the camera with the food in the background.

She checked the photos she snapped and frowned at what she saw. Y/n looked god awful in some of the shots he was seen in. He was spacing out again.

"Hey, you," she grabbed the attention of their tallest friend by slapping his shoulder, "Fix your shit."

"Huh?" Y/n snapped out of it, pointing at himself, "Me?"

"Yes."

"Why me?" Y/n asked.

"Because you look stupid, that's why!" Mizuki rolled her eyes and showed him the pictures.

I don't look bad, though. Y/n thought while observing himself in the photos. Sure, his hair was a bit messy, but that was because he slept while Jack tried fixing the car. "What's wrong with the picture, Mizuki?"