Chapter 11

"Boring," the girl in the middle said.

"Eh?" Y/n gawked at her after hearing the comment, unable to process what just happened.

Silence enveloped the room as she and Y/n stared at one another, one in disbelief and the other with indifference. The atmosphere turned awkward as the latter tried to make sense of what was happening.

Had Y/n just been called boring? And right at his face at that? She didn't even try hiding it and just said it out loud. She had some nerve to say that to him so casually.

Although Y/n wanted to talk back, he fought the urge to do so. It was his first day here, after all. First impressions matter the most when meeting new people.

That didn't mean he wasn't annoyed, though. Y/n really wanted to put this girl in her place. He'll remember that 'boring' comment for a while.

Y/n swallowed his pride and mustered a smile, though clearly forced, "Well, nice to meet you, too."

The girl side-eyed Y/n and, after a few moments, sighed. She moved her body so that she sat sideways, putting her left arm on the desk as support to prop her head up. She clearly didn't care enough to listen to him any longer.

Well, if she didn't have anything else to say, he'll leave it off at that. There was no use in further antagonizing his new classmates.

Man, that's so weird to think about, Y/n thought, observing the three... no, two(?) students before him. He didn't know if the panda counted as one, to be honest.

These people were his new classmates. Now, it wouldn't have been weird to think about if he only switched classes, but he was in a different school. To add to that, it was in Tokyo of all places. He hadn't even been out of Aomori until today, and now he was all the way here.

Shrugging that thought aside, Y/n glanced at Gojo, who was still standing at the doorway. The latter smirked and crossed his arms, seemingly satisfied by his introduction,

"Well, now that that's done," Gojo said as he walked up the small platform, standing next to Y/n, "You can go sit behind Toge-kun."

"Toge?" Y/n asked Gojo.

Gojo pointed at the platinum-blonde to the rude girl's right. It was the one who had his turtleneck covering his mouth. Maybe it was a fashion statement, maybe it wasn't, but it was still weird either way for Y/n.

Behind him was a chair with no one sitting on it, so Y/n assumed that was his. Actually, once Y/n looked around the room again, the room was pretty bare. Except for the four desks and chairs for the students, the only other piece of equipment inside was a lone, dusty yellow locker at the very back.

With a huff, Y/n quickly walked towards his place. Once he sat down, he poked Toge on his arm, causing the platinum blonde to look at him over his shoulder.

"Yo," Y/n greeted him, "You already know it, but I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you."

"Salmon," Toge said before nodding, keeping his eyes on Y/n.

Salmon??? Y/n wondered, raising an eyebrow at the absurd answer he received. That wasn't something he would've expected in a million years. Well, at least he wasn't rude like kelp girl beside him.

"Erh... yeah, okay," Y/n said whatever came to mind, unable to think of a proper reply. "That's... interesting?"

Toge stared at him for a few seconds longer before sighing, bringing his attention back to Gojo. He was still observing Y/n's interaction with his students.

All four sat, or in Gojo's case, stood, in awkward silence. The worst part was that Gojo kept staring at Y/n and him only. The latter didn't know what the hell he was staring for. Was he waiting for Y/n to do something? Or is staring just a quirk Gojo had, like how he did back at the Krispy Kreme?