Chapter 10

"Boy, why did you come to Jujutsu High?"

Y/n froze in his place the moment he was asked. The interview had suddenly started without warning, so he was surprised. He racked his brain as quickly as possible for any answer he thought would be acceptable, but unfortunately blanked out.

What do I say? Please hurry up, brain! Y/n pleaded to himself, mouth slightly agape, acting like he was about to talk. If he didn't answer something satisfactory, then he would be sent straight back home. But, if he took too long and didn't answer, then it would probably end up with the same outcome.

Damn him and his inability to do well in interviews. Why did Gojo have to tell him about the interview right before it took place? That added unnecessary pressure. If only the white-haired idiot had said it a few days or even hours prior, he could've mentally prepared himself for it.

He could see Gojo from the corner of his eyes staring at him curiously, probably because of how quiet he was being. The dumb look on his face annoyed Y/n to no end, but he focused on the more important thing; passing this damn interview.

"Uh, t-to, uh..." Y/n mentally scolded himself for stuttering. From desperation, he quietly said, pausing in between words. "To... exorcise... curses."

"I mean beyond that," Yaga spoke, keeping his firm tone, "What do you hope to accomplish here?"

Y/n looked at Gojo from the corner of his eye, begging for a bit of help. However, when he saw Gojo shrug with his usual smug smirk, he scowled at the older male, but the sound of Yaga clearing his throat immediately made him look at the principal again.

"To save people from curses," he said the first thing that came to mind. He paused briefly, and when he saw Masamichi's eyebrow furrow, he added, "I can't let people get hurt or die because of them."

Y/n smiled, feeling satisfied by his answer. He looked at Gojo once again from the corner of his eye and noticed him nod his head slightly. Seeing his reaction made him feel more confident. Surely, that was a better answer then-

"People die every day due to various reasons," Masamichi said, crossing his arms behind his back, "Criminals, accidents, and disasters are only a few examples. And yet, when it's a curse, you suddenly can't let it slide?"

"Wha-" Y/n tried to speak but was interrupted.

"I'll ask you again, why?" Masamichi said, turning around and walking towards one of the bigger dolls behind him.

"I- I just told you, didn't I?" Y/n stuttered, but he didn't care. He was starting to get nervous. "To save people."

"To save people?" Masamichi asked, hovering his hand above one gigantic doll that looked like a cute humanoid elephant. "You can easily do that in any other way. You could become a cop, join the military, or even become a civil servant. But curses is where you draw the line?"

Y/n shuddered. Why was the principal so scary?! He was the complete opposite of Gojo!

"Getting quiet, aren't we?" Masamichi spoke, turning his head just enough so he could see Y/n's face from the corner of his eyes. "Disappointing."

Y/n heard Gojo's snicker, but he didn't bother looking at him. Well, more like he couldn't, because what he saw next almost made his eyes pop out of their sockets.

The elephant doll had started to twitch and turn, surprising Y/n with its sudden motion. After a few seconds or so, it suddenly stopped. What just hap-

Y/n's breath hitched he suddenly saw a gigantic gray fist heading for him, making him duck as quickly as he could. His heart started pounding from the sudden attack launched at him.