CHAPTER 3

'START'
_____________

"You want me to what?!" I stood up without thinking if my feet cries in pain.

"Child, sit down" he stood too slowly and in patient.

I gritted my teeth together and started to move my head from left to right.

"Na-uh. This is not happening." I laughed at myself. "I can't believe I am hearing stupid things right now. Is this a government simulation? An experiment on those who encountered the monsters?"

"If you won't believe me then it would be better to leave you here..." I looked at him in terror. "...Alone" he grabbed his wooden staff and bag and started walking away.

"Oh, no! No! Old man! You can't leave me here!" I looked around, nervous.

He stopped walking and turned his head still his back on me. His expression was dry and distasteful.

"I saved your life from that snake. I have done enough" he calmly claimed.

"At least tell me how I can go back!" I shouted when he started walking again. My voice rang through the whole forest echoing it back to my direction and flying creatures began to disperse in the air.

"You can't go back" that was all he said and his figure started being sunked into darkness.

"You said you saved me! You can at least ---" I stopped chasing him, limping, when I realized the frightening truth. "You're the one who brought me here" I whispered to myself.

The words replayed in my mind a hundred times before I instinctively picked a stone from where I was standing. I raised my arm and with full force, I swung and threw the stone at the old man's disappearing figure.

"I brought you here so you would survive" there was a voice behind me, so dark I was unable to move for a few seconds as if life left me and all I felt was emptiness. My legs stood there numb and something was weighing my shoulder, I can't even turn my head.

When I felt and realized the need to breath, I took a deep breathe and my hand started moving again. I instantly turned around to see the old man giving me a provoking fear look.

He's fast!

"You were there before" I nervously glanced and pointed at my back. He didn't say anything and held his staff in front of him for support.

"If I left you there, you could have died. I had no choice. My fellow proprietor had already found their progeny who are now protecting your world" he stepped forward still holding the staff on his hands looking down at me as if he's my grandfather scolding me, his grandchild.

"And if you want to protect yourself and your family, you better stop acting like a child"

"I am not acting like a child! You can't expect me to accept these informations all at once. Everything I know were thrown out and everything I thought that's impossible is now happening!"

His eyes began to turn a whole new shade of red and gave me a piercing stare. I stood there unable to move. My eyes widened and I flinched when he stomped his staff on the ground and a loud thud echoed.

"Then when are you going to accept it? After a year? A millennium? Then wait here and watch your friends and family dies!" He said raising his voice and I suddenly fell on the ground, lifeless.

My feet began to numb, unable to move as if there was a driving energy forcing me to kneel down in front of him. What is this? He just stood there looking down at me and I looked up as if I was a small ant in a big colony and was about to die. Compared to what I felt when a monster chase me, this felt horrible. I felt like my whole existence is being tortured.