CHAPTER 4

'CONTINUE'
__________________

I jumped from the top of a Sarkasas after severing its head and taking out both of its horns by pulling it off. After a few seconds, it fell on the ground with its tongue showing out of its mouth. I walked in front of it with its eyes as big as my head. I pointed my sword on one of its eyes and buried it down. I retracted my weapon and replaced it with my hand.

"Disgusting as always" I muttered to myself while my hand entered inside digging the predator's eyeballs. I rolled my eyes trying to find the core of the monster. When I was able to touch it, I immediately pulled my hand out aggressively causing green blood spurt and scattered on the ground. A few of it reached my shirt and mucus covered my hand holding the core. It was a colored yellow and distorted shaped stone covered with the monster's blood and mucus.

I wriggled my hand to remove the mucus. I was grinning when I left the corpse of a half a hundred feet monster and saw Grinch looking tired seating a few feet away from me and cleaning its paws.

"Hey buddy" I called him. It stopped licking itself and looked at my direction. It tilted its head and stared at me for a minute before getting up. I waved my hand calling it and I as always, disappointed, it only stared at me and stretched its body.

"I should dispose you soon" I said and passed by my predator companion, glaring at it. As if it understand what I said, Grinch tried to push its head on me and then decided to walk casually ahead.

I can't even pat its head because it won't let me. I stared at it as we walk down to the river to clean up. I was thinking of threatening it so it would fully submit to me but the old man might decide to kill me this time.

Three years already passed and I am still not over my death training. After I decided to agree on this inheritance process, the next day, I was chased by a monster with six arms, ox headed with one eye. I would say it was a blast of running again and screaming. It happens everyday until I decided to fight back and be half-dead after then, it stopped happening. No one chased me anymore but I was faced by a more difficult enemy monster. I experienced freezing to near-death and getting sucked inside a huge ant colony. Learning from all of those, I was able to survive a few years.

Whilst trying to fight loneliness, I decided to have the lion monster who chased me down to the forest take refuge under my care. I found out that the lion monster was under the old man's care and apparently his pet. The old man would teach me things for a day and disappear for a whole month. In that period, I would go make shelter in a house cave I claimed and find my own food. Aside from that, hunt predators around the area. I was given a map of the place but it was incomplete. Apparently, my tasked is to complete it by travelling around, fighting monsters, and outline locations I have been.

Today, I have already killed the Rex of the Sarkasas', the mob of the western part of the forest. Its core is made up of unique and rare stone. Others may made up of gold, silver, or mostly ruby. If appraised, I'm sure it is of high quality.

I glanced at Grinch groaning and tossing from left to right. I sighed dragging my self up and walked over the pantry and took out a big chunk of meat then placed it in the fire.

"I'm already preparing your food, your grace. Please give me a moment" I sarcastically said glancing at the stubborn monster.

I left the meat to walk over Grinch and sat beside him. I placed my head on its body making sure not to make a rubbing motion so it won't bite my head off. I wouldn't be surprised if it will kick me in the head later. Luckily, even though this one type of monster is stubborn,they can actually be tamed and be familiar with human touch. More importantly, it can adjust its size according to its prey. If the prey is bigger, it would grow in size. The same thing can be said if its prey is smaller.