*CHAPTER 5*

I woke up feeling very energized the next morning. I yawned and decided that as a thank you, I would cook my special pancakes for Dash's family. I checked on her and she was snoring like a typical dad. I slowly went downstairs. It felt nice to be able to eat in the morning. Plus, it was Saturday, which meant we had all day to look for clues to prove how bad dad is. I was wandering around the kitchen to find the flour bag. Honestly, I can't find anything here! Then, I felt something on my leg. I turned around and saw a very cute tortoise. I picked it up. "This must be Dash's pet" I thought to myself. I put it down again and kept searching for the necessary ingredients. After a while, I managed to figure out where everything was. Time to bake! I grab a mixing bowl and whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, I beat eggs and add milk and melted butter. Combining wet and dry ingredients, I stir until just mixed. On a hot griddle, I ladle batter into perfect circles, flipping when bubbles appear. Voila! Fluffy pancakes ready to devour! Just as I finish making them, I realize that I have flour all over my face and clothes. I serve the pancakes and start to clean up the dishes that I have used. Moments later, I feel someone's arms wrapped around me in a bear hug, and for some reason, I blush very hard. I turn around and see Rainbow Dash. She is wearing very cute pyjamas with red, blue and yellow lightning bolts. Her hair is super messy, and she was still yawning.

"Good morning, AJ!"She said while she yawned again.

"Just thought I might make some pancakes as a thank you for being so kind and letting me stay here."I said and covered my tomato red face. At that moment, Rainbow Dash hugged me again and kissed me on the cheek. My heart raced as Rainbow Dash's lips brushed against my cheek, leaving me stunned. The unexpected kiss left a lingering warmth, and I felt a mix of surprise and a flutter of something more. I stood there, a blush on my cheeks, pondering the newfound feelings that had taken root. I was still shocked when she said:

"You're the best friend in the world, AJ! Thanks for making pancakes" She said and sat down. I served her some of the pancakes. I must have looked very shocked, as she said.

"Are you alright? It looks as if you have seen a ghost" She said

"It's nothing, just thinking about my dad" I said.

We decided to investigate even more about dad's criminal accomplices. We went to the library to search in the mystery section. Entering the library's mystery section is like stepping into a realm of enigma and suspense. Dim lighting casts shadows on shelves lined with intriguing titles, and the faint scent of aged paper fills the air. The atmosphere is hushed, inviting whispers of intrigue. Row after row, the covers beckon with promises of thrilling twists and hidden secrets, creating an ambiance where every book holds the key to a captivating unknown. "Focus, Applejack" I said to myself. I was wondering off the mission. We found a rusty looking book and decided to read it. After searching it for a whole thirty minutes, Rainbow Dash was hungry. It was already 11 in the morning and we had breakfast at 6 am. She told me to wait for her. She wanted to go to a specific shop to buy a snack. She patted my shoulder and told me that she would be back in about forty minutes, since it was far away and she really wanted to show me that specific snack. When she touched me, I felt a shiver run down my spine and butterflies in my stomach. I had never felt like this before. I must be sick! I decided to call Rarity and ask her for help. She is very nice, and she was very nice to me that day in the bathroom. I need her opinion on this, since she knows a lot about feelings.

"Hello, darling!" She said.

"I think I may have a health problem" I said

"You mean, you're sick?"She asked, very confused.

"Well, I don't know, but I need your help. Can you come to the mystery section in the library?"I asked her

"Erm... Well, if it's that urgent and you consider that you need to tell me instead of medical professionals, I'll see you in ten minutes" She said and hung up the call.