fifteen

Elvira awoke on boxing day with a headache, and Dorothea spent much of the day sat in the dorms with her, laughing as they recounted the previous night's events.

"I'm a horrible person," Elvira groaned looking up at the ceiling, before joking, "but I suppose he did ask me first..."

Dorothea grinned at her, somehow, although she had told Ezra Nott, Elvira and Cedric was not common knowledge, she reminded herself to thank him for that, and the pair had waited until the other girls had eventually dragged themselves down to breakfast, promising to bring some up for Dorothea and Elvira. 

"Fred said he didn't see Cho all night," her friend sighed. 

"Not great of Diggory is it, really, he was with Cho when we saw him at the start of the night."

"They weren't doing anything!" Elvira protested. "He said!"

"Well, he would say, wouldn't he? I know he's nice enough, but still not a great move from him."

"Or me?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"Cho isn't your friend, and you were drunk, you're fine." Dorothea said, pressing her palm to her forehead.

"I can't believe you saw me." Elvira groaned. 

"I know," the witch said, faking a vomit. "With Weasley of all people as well, made it twice as disgusting."

Elvira laughed and then remembered her conversation with the wizard, "he said something happened with you and Adrian?"

"Oh, Merlin, yeah. Weasley came to give me the firewhiskey he got, perfect timing actually, think Pucey was about to try to kiss me." She replied casually.

Elvira's face contorted into disgust, "what?"

Dorothea nodded grimly, "was telling me I can do better than Ezra, asking if I like him. So fucking weird, came out of nowhere."

"He's always fancied you."

"So Ezra said."

"Was Ezra annoyed?"

She shrugged, "not really."

Elvira laughed the same laugh that Fred had and shook her head.

"You and Ezra looked pretty cosy, afterwards. Anything happen?" She asked, deciding to change the subject. 

"No, it probably would have, but someone was crying."

"Oh, God, sorry."

Dorothea laughed and shook her head, pulling her quidditch jumper on, "really, don't be, I could march into the great hall and have Ezra right this second if I wanted to."

"Gross," Elvira said.

"Was Camille still there at the end?"

"No," the dark haired witch shook her head, "Fred said that she was annoyed with how drunk George was, so she left early, with Ezra apparently, and Manon."

"I didn't see Manon all night," Dorothea said thoughtfully.

"She was with Marcus for quite a while, I think. He was fine with me, by the way, when he dragged me away. Just wanted to dance, and try to feel me up, I think."

"We live with some fucking idiots," Dorothea sighed. 

"Ezra's the only decent one."

"Yeah, sometimes feels like that, doesn't it?"

"Will you tell Lei?"

"I'll have to, I think."

Elvira nodded and rested her head in her friend's lap, "sorry you didn't have fun."